White House Counsel Don Mcgahn Cooperating with Mueller

Do you really expect the President to know that legal mumbo junmbo? Because Trump believes he has attorney-client privilege, then he should be allowed to use that attorney-client privilege to whatever means he wants. He is the President after all. If he wanted, he could Executive Order himself some attorney-client privilege. That would really make libs heads explode.

1 Like

Um…no. There is massive difference. Even Trump’s actual personal attorney’s acknowledged as much, in their reasoning to support McGahn speaking with Mueller.

Your statement “i’m fairly certain the wh counsel represents the president.” is wrong. Don’t try to twist things around, just write that you were mistaken and we can move on.

1 Like

the difference is nowhere near “massive”. the major difference is the privilege. otherwise, he offers legal counsel to the president like any other lawyer would. trying to make it more than that is just silly. he doesn’t offer advice to the office, he offers it to the president.

And he also acknowledged that trying to claim executive privilege likely would not have withstood a legal challenge.

There’s a very very limited area where the President can claim executive privilege over things he’s discussed with the WH Counsel.

1 Like

No he Goulding. McGahn is not his attorney. Read up on it.

No, there is a big difference.

True. But his advice is relative to the office and function of all presidents. Not just one.

and yet we only have the one he serves.

Yup. And Trump knows his followers are dumber than a doorknob.

Yeah, but his purpose is not to serve Donald trump. It’s to serve the office of the presidency.

So, for example here, when trump said he let him speak to mueller, that is a lie. He is not under trumps direction. He can choose to cooperate or not because his function is separate from trump and his administration.

lol. he is a member of the administration, not separate from it. had trump chosen too he could have claimed the privilege and by the time that made it’s way through legal challenges trump would likely be in his 2nd term. would he have succeeded? likely not.

So you agree. If he would not win in court the privilege doesn’t exist. Trump is not his client. The office of the president is.

The crappy media doesn’t help people’s ignorance either.

Watching ABC News and David Muir just called McGahn “Trump’s White House lawyer”.

Sigh…

1 Like

Blockquote

Trump could have tried to keep McGahn from talking to Mueller altogether; it doesn’t appear he could have controlled individual statements from the WH lawyer. Attorney / client doesn’t apply, since Trump isn’t the client.

This is what happens when you constantly throw people under the bus. This is what you get when you elect a talk radio personality…

Someone telling my they are going to explore my behavior is the height of arrogance. But then again, I’m not surprised LIBs would see nothing odd about that kind of arrogance. Its what LIBs do.

Do any of you guys know what this McGann guy told Mueller?

It is a fact that Trump waived privilege. It is my opinion as to why.