White House: 2019 deficit double that of 2018

No big surprise. Cut taxes, spend more, bad things happen to the deficit.

The report projected deficits will reach $1.085 trillion in FY 2019 under their budget, which is double the $526 billion called for in their FY 2018 budget.

Suddenly there was an explosion of an additional $500B in gov waste.

1 Like

Never fear, the Tea Party Patriots will be in full force this weekend protesting. I’m sure several posters will be joining. Hopefully they post pictures.

6 Likes

I wonder how much of that ended up in Trump’s properties.

A gruesome chunk of it.

This is hilarious…$1trillion deficits at full employment.

Hey just another thing people can tell Trump supporters to shut up about if a Democrat is president.

So you have patriotism, morals, national debt I am sure i am missing more things they used to pretend to care about.

damn. That’s worse than I expected.

The Republicans seem to have put themselves in a bad spot (if their own base even cares). They can do nothing and continue to skyrocket the deficit. They can raise taxes and do away with their biggest talking point. Or they can cut spending and anger the people who would be affected.

My hunch is that their own base will turn a blind eye until a non-Republican scape goat comes along.

But you guys didn’t care about deficits under OBAMA during a crisis, so you’re hypocrites for saying anything about deficits at full employment.

Surely all those Patriots concerned with the debt being loaded onto our kids and grandkids will be here any moment.

being led by our fearless leader no doubt

1 Like

Lol you are the master!

1 Like

They’re talking about a second round of tax cuts right now.

Key word is “crisis.” Spending during times of financial crisis isn’t ideal but can be beneficial. This type of deficit spending when our economy is realistically about as good as it gets, is not.

1 Like

The last time this very thing happened Dems took over @ the midterms. I swear it was that very day that our gracious host declared that this was the Dem’s economy. With a straight face, he blamed gov waste, rampant spending, and increased entitlements (thanks to Bush et al) on the majority party who had barely sat down.

This is what they are prayin happens in 18. Dems gain back a majority so the New Trump Party of Victimhood has a fresh boogeyman.

Bank on it.

4 Likes

Great post.

Oh no I ain’t letting this thread drop like a rock. Cons need to own this.

I’d be happy to cut it out of the budget, you on board?

Tell me, with real numbers what to cut. Provide sources.