While not a boycott in the strictest sense, I will be skipping the Winter Olympics

Agreed. I don’t want to punish the athletes, but after China, the next biggest villain here is the IOC.

It’s time to burn that corrupt institution to the ground and rebuild it.

1 Like

meh, i stopped watching all sports when they got political. don’t miss it

4 Likes

Have the games begun yet?

1 Like

My wife is watching it…I m not. No interest …

Apparently I m not alone.

“ NBC is facing a cataclysmic loss of audience for the 2022 Winter Olympics as viewership tanked for Friday’s Opening Ceremony, averaging just 16 million.

It is a record low for the Opening Ceremony (20.1 million for 1988 in Calgary was the previous record) and a whopping 43 percent below the 2018 Games in South Korea that notched 28.3 million viewers despite also dealing with a less than advantageous Asian time zone for American audiences.

It comes on the heels of Thursday’s ratings disaster that saw just 7.7 million people tune in, dramatically below same-night audiences of 2018 (16 million) and 2014 from Russia (20.02 million).

The olympics are going on?

1 Like

I would boycott them but since i seldom watch that network anyway they wouldn’t notice. :wink:

3 Likes

Need real post-modern world Olympics anyway, with events like Weaseling Presser, Backstabbing Politician, Office Brown-Nosing or Celebrity Suck-Up.

1 Like

Bet someone is really regretting renouncing their US citizenship right about now.

5 Likes

When she gets back, will those citizens she renounced, renounce her?

What do you mean when she gets back? She is no longer an American. She renounced her citizenship.

She’ll say, I’m sowry and hope it all goes away. Now…let’s both watch…

Was Jackie Robinson entering the MLB political?

Isn’t that true for every country that hosts the games?

Sure but not every country is a brutal dictatorship.

4 Likes

Is this news?

I don’t see how whether it is new information matters

It’s on the other side of the world, I love both the summer and Winter Olympics. It’s just really inconvenient to watch live.

Allan

So you didn’t watch the 2008 Summer Olympics, either?

Point is, us commoners don’t get to decide who hosts the Olympics or whose nationalism gets offered to us/shoved down our throats, whatever the case may be.

I enjoy watching the athletes showing why they’re the best in the world at what they do. I still find it impressive after all these years.

No, didn’t watch then either.

Once lost, it’s tough getting it back.

It’s almost always a one way ticket.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Anyone who renounces their United States citizenship deserves what they get.

If the choice was renounce or die

Lead me to the hangman’s noose and I am stone cold serious.

Allan