Where's the talk about the MLB?

Just wondering why I never see topics on MLB?

Do you mean synchronized standing?

Greatest cure for insomnia there is.

2 Likes

The only two actual sports that people talk about here are NASCAR and hockey. It’s a mystery why.

1 Like

NASCAR is cars that sorta look like cars people drive … and they just drive around in circles so what better symbolism for a political forum? … nuff said.

As for Hockey, don’t tell me you’ve never empathized with the puck?

Hockey can be fun to watch, but a bunch of cars driving in circles…not so much.

Left turns are cool.

There is one right turn in NASCAR: it’s whenever they leave the pit and go to work.

Everything else is going nowhere fast.

For me it’s the record breaking amount of strikeouts because everyone is swinging for the fences. They’re also building fields smaller to encourage this. The slower pace is also agonizing. This game has changed for the worse over the years.

Nice to hear from someone on something other than politics. This is tough I live not all that far from Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. Since winning the series in 2015 it’s been a faster journey back to the bottom than it took to get back to the top.

As we say in these part: How about them Cowboys?

Which, depending on your tone and sarcasm level, can always, always be made to match how the Cowboys are doing.

No Hos, No Moose, No Zobrist, No Cain, all the best starting pitchers and most of the entire bullpen traded away and still have the worst farm system in the majors. Its stunning how fast the boys in blue made themselves irrelevant in just 2 years.

I blame Dayton Moore. At times very smart, at other times a complete moron.

The good news our Royals have a track record so we should be winning another title in 2045.

My oldest was born in 1985 when Brett, Sabs and Co. won they’re first, my daughter came fours later. The wife and I used to tell the kids about those teams & how that was the hardest ticket in KC to get at the time, arrowhead head was a morgue. At least they got to experience what we were talking about.

At times it’s brutal no doubt.

Where I’m from, things get really quite during years where the Cardinals aren’t at the top of the league. Cubs fans like me get a lot of angry stares during years like this. :rofl:

Was a big fan at onetime, I watch a race to see the speed not who gets the best fuel mileage.

It’s a sport you’ll love if you take the time to understand it for sure.

1 Like

The NFL is getting almost as bad, I figure in a few years it will be 7on7 two hand touch.

I was barely old enough to remember the 85 season, but my dad did take me to a couple of games that year. Took my own daughter to her first game last year and she was 10.

This year I wouldn’t even bother going on buck night, and sadly if I did, I’d probably get more enjoyment out of the BBQ fries than the play going down on the field.

The MLB, over the years, has set new rules for shortening of the game. I know sometimes it can’t be helped to play longer games, especially when there’s a rain delay or extra innings.