Where is the Equality in Chapel Hill?

Because men and women should be treated the same. That is what “Equality” is based on. There should be “Equality” under the law. White girls should not be treated differently than Black Men, even though some might think they are special.

You didnt say where you can be contacted at to ask for permission.

Honestly i haven’t even clicked on the ops link, but I’ve seen this making the rounds today so I’m assuming it’s the same story.

People are crappy to other people in the street. Happens every 10 seconds probably. Take her to court. The end.

Of course. Sometimes it’s not. We could find 1000 anecdotal examples of the ideal not being met. We gonna have a thread on each one?

I am in full agreement that a charge and citation to appear should be issued for misdemeanors like this regardless of who the person.

There is a difference in the two attacks generally speaking. It’s like the difference in being swatted with a small branch and bashed over the head with a 2 x 4. The attacks are (again generally speaking) not equal, so why should they be treated equally?

Any legal punishment is based on the severity of damage done. It’s why small item shoplifting is a lesser crime than grand theft auto.

If she had broken his jaw, that is far more serious than a few moments of stinging skin and then the law should and probably would treat it differently.

Oh…I get it now. I realized it after I hit “Send” on my last post.

Is this the “White Privilege” That I have heard so much about? A thin white girl can punch someone and curse them and not have to worry about being arrested?

That is up to the judge to decide. The Police should be treating everyone the same.

This could absolutely be a case of white privilege. A black man (or anyone else) should be treated just the same way in the exact same circumstance.

A white girl is statistically much more likely to walk away from initiating an assault than a black man is, yes. Yes this is white privelige.

1 Like

Actually, no. The police decide the level of the charge. However, the level of severity in similar situations should be measured the same regardless of who the perpetrator is (all else being equal. e.g. prior convictions).

If that is what it takes to get equality, I think it is bandwidth well spent.

Had he slapped her, which is not a bad equivalent to her punching him, they might well have only cited him as well. Her punching someone is just not the same as him punching someone, generally speaking, unless she causes real injury.

But youre saying this is a good thing and I am saying it isnt. Why do you support “White Privilege”?

Given the low rate at which rapists are charged and even lower rate at which they are prosecuted YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!

Given that we cannot put laws in place to keep guns out of the hands of men with domestic violence restraining orders even with the statistics on gun murders committed by such men YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!

Stop looking for places to make the ludicrous claim that you, or men, or white men are victims in our society.

The women in the video was wrong, of course and should be prosecuted. No one is arguing that. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!

If you want equality why don’t you take a stand on equal pay regardless of gender?

I honestly think you’re too fixated on the genders here. Police are pretty good at not looking at genders in these types of situations. It it were 2 guys, the assailant still wouldn’t have been taken to jail. It’s not ok and she will be punished, but everything seems to have been handled professionally.

Contact me on the Hannity Forum, silly rabbit.

How on earth are you interpreting my words to say it’s a good thing?

If concern trolling about specific anecdotes on fairly obscure message boards will cure inequality, then i too am on board.

1 Like

Geez I don’t know maybe it’s because liberal Democrats have made abortion a political issue for decades!