Where Do You Stand on ACA Repeal? And Where Do We Go from Here?

It’s going to be important int eh future to resist the urge to claim that all these CEC bots learned to just confidently and blatantly lie from trump. But that is not the case. These folks have been doing it for decades. If anything, Trump learned that he could lie in public about politics with no repercussions from them.

It’s kind of scary actually, that these bitter, bickering, political partisans will try and dictate our health care choices to us, again.

I doubt they will actually perform a detailed, unbiased study of our current health care system, and come up with a rational and sensible way to remedy its short comings. Instead, they will use it as a vehicle to win votes, gain federal control of health care system, and dictate to us what we shall and shall not do.

Call me a pessimist, but too many in the current crop of corrupt, Washington establishment hacks we have serving in congress, are out to enrich themselves, not looking out for the welfare of the people or the nation.

How well has trumps plan treated your parents?

I didn’t realize congress passed any laws and the President signed them, at least in regard to healthcare.

Thankfully trumps plan is going to get rid of all that and cover everyone with the best care and cost so little that no one will mind that government is paying for it all…

Nonsense… trump promised to put his healthcare into action as soon as he was elected…

Finally, a politician with a plan to promise us nirvana.

Trump is not a politician…

He is a truth speaking businessman who has onlyg come to Washington to drain the swamp and represent the forgotten man…

1 Like

Here’s an interesting chart from the OECD.

It shows that in 2009 the US spent almost $8,000 per capita on healthcare. That is much much higher than the OECD average.

What else does it show? Hmmm. I wonder.

You can find their (fuller) 2017 At-a-glance report here if you like:

Take a look at the whole thread, as some of the changes are discussed. Congress repealed the individual mandate as part of the tax bill, which was signed by Trump. He’s also changed the law in other ways, such as cutting off the CSRs, which has unquestionably caused prices to rise on the exchanges (even if some states have designed workarounds to mitigate the sabotage). And according to Trump, the ACA has already been repealed, as he has claimed on various occasions: “You shouldn’t even mention it. It’s gone. There is no such thing as Obamacare anymore.”

Indeed. He literally said: “I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years. I’m the only one.”

Your image and link show lots of things. As this can be a weedy, wonky topic, go ahead and tie your point up with a nice little bow and present it to us. To mix a metaphor: the water is fine!

I want a serious, no nonsense approach, and an a truly unbiased study of where the bottlenecks are to lower costs and ensuring good care is delivered.

However, I fear the dems and repubs will be argue for arguement’s sake, refuse to work together, either out of spite, or not willing to cede a political achievement for the other party.

If their past rhetoric holds true, they will engage in partisan bickering, dumb-down and mislead the public concerning the the facts, as they try to politically one-up and outmaneuver each other - just for votes.

You’ve basically said nothing.

The individual mandate was repealed in the tax bill passed last year.

Additionally Trump decided to stop funding the cost sharing subsidies.

There are numerous other administrative decisions they’ve made to weaken the bill overall.

The effect is to shrink the pool of people in the individual market and raise rates for people like your parents.

Also, lots of cool little things, like:

Cutting the Affordable Care Act’s advertising budget by 90 percent, and using HHS communications to overtly undermine the law, rather than publicize it for people to use (which is bizarre and insane)

And this awesome piece of cretinous ■■■■■■■■■■■■

My apologies.

No doubt, this will go well.

LOL

The subsidies were ruled unlawful by the federal courts

Judge strikes down Obama health law insurance subsidy

Trump actually went against the court, and kept them going for a while, hoping congress would get off there asses and fix this mess. Trump could not continue to violate the law.

Judgment was on hold and appeal was in progress when Trump came to town and shut that down.

It was his decision.