Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

Or, it’s not my interest to define it. It could have been any of those. I just added the notion of intelligent design by piggybacking on the suggestion of evolution.

Mankind is never going to figure it out. All we can do is fight among ourselves about it. And I’m not going to join in that fight.

Isn’t religion wonderful? Anything can be real. Including the shoggoth.

1 Like

It’s not semantics. One person made statement-X. Another modified it to be statement-Y and then expected the first person to defend statement-Y. As you have seen, the original person has already said statement-Y is not his words. I concur.

We do this far too often around here (and on the internet in general.) You seem to be defending the tactic and are now crying “semantics!” as a way of returning to it.

You guys are on your own with the strawman. Beat it up all you want. It’s yours to own and to do with as you wish. Just don’t expect others to dance around the bonfire with you as you burn it.

Depends on weevil b6 version of Satan you are talking g about. But I’ll say yes.

[quote=“Smyrna, post:126, topic:6954”]
Is Satan the great deceiver?[/quote]

No.

No.

In the book of Job, Ha-Satan was not rebelling against God. In fact he obeyed God.

There are vegetarian lions and cats today.

There’s vegetarian cat food on the market. However, even if it cannot be proved a variety of cat exists today that is vegetarian, that doesn’t mean the original cat kind wasn’t vegetarian. But now extinct.

That’s what I’m saying. The Angels never had any free will. Satan’s rebellion was always God’s will.

Yes I am sorry,
Abraham is the one i was thinking of when i mentioned God testing peoples faith.

No worries buddy. We all get confused. Big book and all.

Where to you get that? Angels certainly have free will. Or they couldn’t be punished for choosing evil.

No it isn’t.

They’re not being punished. They’re serving God’s will.

It ties into why Humans aren’t given direct knowledge of God’s existence. If Humans knew God existed, they wouldn’t have the ability to choose to live by faith. They would be forced to believe in God because He made his presence known. He wanted us to have free will.

Angels KNOW God exists. They don’t have the choice to not believe. Anything they do is preordained because God made them with full knowledge of their creator.

Otherwise, why else wouldn’t God let us know he really exists?

Why is faith better than reasoning? Only when it comes to religion is reasoning discarded and faith becomes the more important.

Magic doesn’t work with reasoning. That’s science. Magic requires faith. Just because you don’t believe in magic doesn’t make it real.

Faith IS based on reasoning. Catholic teaching is that faith without reason leads to superstition, while reason without faith leads to nihilism and relativism.

Incorrect, these antediluvian angels sinner and were punished by being cast into hell:
NKJ 2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; (2 Pet. 2:4 NKJ)

God gave Adam and Eve direct knowledge of His existence, but they also sinned:

9 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”
10 So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”
12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
13 And the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
(Gen. 3:9-13 NKJ)

Satan (a cherub) convinced a third of heaven’s angels God could be forced to “recuse” Himself. That God’s own standard of what it takes to be God Supreme, can be used against Him, forcing Him to “step down” from the Throne and that would permit Satan and the fallen angels do whatever they want, wherever they wanted.

Satan lost the argument. Its in the book of Job. Satan argued God erred about Job, that he didn’t serve God for pure motives, that motivating Job was selfish desire and as God didn’t see that, He wasn’t God.

God has let us know He exists, there 1/3 of the earth is Christian, most of the rest other religions.

Its only a tiny fraction of mankind that doesn’t believe God exists.

A sliver of the population, one could label thme the “irrational fringe”.

God doesn’t give us ongoing indisputable proof that He exists. If He truly loved his people he would want to save them all. The surest way to convince people to believe in yourself is to first demonstrate you exist. God wants it to be a secret unless you join a certain club.

Funny, how think think they can outsmart God…

Perhaps He want’s you to enjoy your free will.

Now you’re agreeing with me.

God doesn’t give us direct evidence that He exists so that we could have free will. Do you agree now?