Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

Yet here you are every time responding.

I’m open to changing my point of view on the subject. Are you? What evidence would lead you to discard the notion of God?

If-then logic is my logic? Ok.

Not sure why you’re getting antagonistic. If you don’t like my line of questioning, I appreciate your opinion.

If God told me that He didn’t exist, I would believe Him.

It’s kind of an open invitation to define your ID.

Did God create the start and let evolution take its course? Is it more along the lines of theistic evolution? Did God create all as it is today?

Everything that exists, or will ever exist, exists within the mind of a dreaming God. As soon as he wakes up everything that we know to be true will cease to exist. God may or may not have a similar dream the next time he slumbers.

Tell me, did God create Satan? Is Satan the great deceiver? So did God create Satan to deceive?

God created Satan. Because the angels were created without free will, it was always God’s plan to be rebelled against. Satan serves God’s purpose.

Trying to absolve an omniscient God from accountability for things he knew would come to pass in his creation is your job, not mine.

God knew about all the bad things human beings would do to each other, but he wanted it to happen because making our aggression levels lower would’ve made watching us less interesting. It’s not immoral for an all-powerful being to find pleasure in watching lower-species kill each other.

And that kind of garbage–that all animal kinds were vegetarian, is what gives Christians a bad name.

A tiger is not, nor was it ever a herbivore. It’s just irrational thinking, based on thinking that an allegorical tale is literally true. IMHO, it’s Christian heresy.

No, God making fossils to fool us is not in the nature of the Christian God. Yes, it’s possible, but are you actually implying that God is intentionally lying to us?

Did God lie on those occasions? No, He was direct. Testing faith is different than setting up a deliberate falsehood. I’m glad I’m a Christian, and not a believer in a lying god.

The book of Enoch is not Biblical.

When one reads the English and interprets it in accordance to modern culture, it is not surprising they end up with a mess. Hence Jewish (and to a certain extent Catholic) insistence that the Bible is meant to be studied–not read. What I see so often here is the Bible being read then people jumping to their own conclusions. At which point it is good to remember the old adage that a conclusion often marks the point where someone has stopped thinking.

I’m just attempting to share my thoughts and nothing more.

I am saying that IMO…The Lord makes the choice of faith…all yours.

Omg this semantic wiggling in this thread is getting out of hand

And … ??

My response doesn’t mean your question gets answered, BTW.

I truly, absolutely truly, doubt that. I think you also know that assertion is not true.

I think you, in particular, would need something absolutely miraculous and unmistakably divine to happen specifically to you that would prove beyond any doubt (even yours) that God exists. But God is never going to do that. It would deny you the free will to choose belief.

There is no such evidence that would do that.

gasp people jumping to their own conclusions

I guess we should all stop reading the bible then since the English language is so deceiving

Cant tell if serious