Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

To be fair, we’re all like a bunch pixels in the Sims game to God. His morality is not our morality. Who are we to judge the actions of the Lord?

Yup. That’s also the only time God asked for a human sacrifice. And he stopped it before it could happen. If God doesn’t want humans to be sacrificed to him, in what light does that put the sacrifice of the human named Jesus for the forgiveness of sin?

Or, they were the children of ruling noblemen and wives of common birth.

You seem to be avoiding giving a straight response.

You said this: “No. He didn’t do anything to Job.”

He allowed Job’s children to be killed. In my book that’s something.

That’s a reasonable inference. He permits the Devil do his stuff to “bring out” those who would rebel anyway, given enough time. This way they do it now, during their lifetimes.

But it would contradict God’s complaint the whole earth (including animals) got violent, which implies He didn’t do it.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
13 And God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
(Gen. 6:11-13 NKJ)

Maybe the plan was that billions of years with lesser creatures needed to create a planet that was finally ready for man. After all, the earth would have been a much lesser endowed place for humans, had we been plopped on the earth 300 million years ago, instead a couple ten thousand years ago.

Sounds like evolution.

1 Like

If I didn’t subscribe to the “young earth” position, your hypothesis would be a possibility.

But it would imply God wasn’t correct when He said:

31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

(Gen. 1:31-2:1 NKJ)

So I would still lean against it.

That’s inconsistent with what the Bible says about God. You are suggesting that God is trying to lead us astray on purpose. Maybe the Muslim version of God, but not the Christian version.

Its implicit all animal kinds (including Dinosaurs) were vegetarian at the start. They mutated (which is not evolution). I think the mutations were induced by fallen angels, which is paralleled in mythology and in modern UFOlogy of aliens doing DNA experiments.

There are no “aliens”, they are demons in disguise.

They are monsters. The teeth etc they mutated is terrifying. Look at that video’s opening picture.

That’s your book.

For God so loved the world, that he randomly scattered dinosaur bones around to confuse people into going to hell.

3 Likes

Guys, there were dinosaurs. Sigh.

Not opining on your interpretation of Smyrna’s possibility.

Just on your statement. I agree Christians would not propose God lies to stumble people. That’s what Satan does.

But He did create the Garden of Eden with the Tree of Knowledge in its midst.

It was required Adam and Eve obey His command they not eat it.

God didn’t lie or do anything false. In fact, its presence in the Garden might imply they eventually, at the right time of their development, at from it.

But disobeying God is what caused their fall, and ushered in Death. And it was Satan that lied to them, so they ate.

Not God.

PS: I thank that illustrates what Smyrna suggested, but I know he didn’t say God lied so people died.

You can interpret Smyrna that way, but I don’t think its correct. You can also see the Tree of Knowledge as illustrating his point.

There was the choice. God made it possible they had the choice. Not to eat or eat.

The tree wasn’t “lying” or “evil”, it was a tree.

What was required is their obedience. And when they ate, it what their choice that caused the fall, not the Tree.

So God didn’t lead anyone astray. He tells us what is right, and we have a choice to choose the wrong.

Our blood (for a bad choice) remains on our head.

I think that’s what Smyrna meant. I also think its what he meant based on his other posts. He’s a Christian.

Sounds like a great Hollywood movie. Can we get Will Smith to star?

Ok. What book informs your position?

The list is long and distinguished.

I’ve been tweeting Ralph Winter to do just that. It would be epic.

He hasn’t responded.

Its a unique take on Genesis, but with all the SCIFI you could want, plus Bible prophecy on Christ’s coming and Armageddon.

If I knew how to “shop the idea” I would. I’m ready to work on it, cheap.

The first question to answer is, When did some people begin to take the Bible literally, and why? The second point is only a small percentage of Christians and Jews take the Bible literally. Therefore, like Job, stories of the flood and the sun being fixed in the sky become modern day atheist fixations of myth rather than the lesson originally presented.