Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

Why?
10char

Basic cause and effect Ignorance leads to repeating the suffering of life and death. Conceptualing is just part of the chain of causation. Ending ignorance starts with faith and stopping the non-faith disguised as theoretical babbling.

Who was talking about cause and effect?

Not me.

A being without beginning or ending? Of course itā€™s difficult to comprehend. Infinity is beyond human imagination.
Not unlike the newer ideas about multiple universes, scientists trying to come to grips with a potentially infinite creation.
For me there is no conflict between science and religion, just conceptual distance and lots of egos on both sides.
In years to come science may discover that the universe is possibly hundreds or even thousands of times older than we think it is today.
And maybe itā€™s expanding because new matter is coming into existence all the time - just thinking.
And the Big Bang concept will be ancient history much like concepts of the past like a flat earth.
There are scientists that see creative design behind their investigations, not all are secular.

Why the need to postulate a deity to explain the universeā€™s existence then?

1 Like

Im just going to make this my last post for a long time because Ive lost all patience for this new forum software. I very much doubt it is the fault of Hannity forum staff, and entirely on the people that created this software. In the field of science, unlike the courtroom, eyewitness testimony is the lowest form of evidence. Still we dont have to test everything in a lab, observations that can be repeated and pass peer review can be enough. Scientists, when they publish papers, they have to detail precisely what they did in their experiments and their observations so they can be repeated.

Its been a blast o/. WreckedParty/Bomberfox

It is not valid. Do you think it is wise to assume the affirmative on existence despite no evidence?

The essential You is a brain with electro-chemical impulses.

1 Like

You mean: why do I interpret things the way I do?

Not certain how to answer that. Maybe everyone should be asking themselves such a question.

Why do people continue to ask for ā€œevidenceā€ when discussing the spiritual realm? It simply makes no sense. You do understand we are talking about a non-physical realm?

I understand some conclude that is all we areā€¦purely physical matter. I happen not to agree with that.

If ā€œspiritā€ isnt physical then why does the ā€œessential youā€ get all wacky when you take drugs?

There is no theory that ā€œeverything came from nothingā€. ā€œNothingā€ cant even exist, by definition. And yet you assert God is an uncaused cause - he ā€œjust existsā€ right? Well, maybe the universe just exists. You create your own meaning. We arent robots that need to be told what our lifeā€™s meaning is.

TURN OFF YOUR WIKI EDIT.

And yet here you are making assertions that the spirit manages the brain (the physical realm). Why do people ask for evidence? Come onā€¦ I guess you can just make up whatever you want then and call it ā€œspiritualā€. Throw in some vague words and short stiries/analogies about baking cakes and youā€™re done I guess. You never did answer if you believe in Big Footā€¦

Why cant I control my essential me when I sleeeep

You dont know why you believe a God created the universe, instead of the universe just existing in and of itself, uncaused?

No. JayJay means exactly what he said.

Yes, a realm that you claim exists but may not.

But my point of not believing things until evidence of some sort is provided is a logical way to lead your life. If you accept things until evidence tells you otherwise then you will accept things that are in contradiction with each other which is clearly wrong.

What you call spirit is your brain. You partially define spirit as the part of you that makes decisions. Yet if you take drugs or drink alcohol your decision making ability is impacted. You still receive the same input from your sends to help you make your decision but the drugs effect that decision making process. Drugs effect your physical mind. How can drugs effect your spirit?

1 Like

WTH? I post as I read the thread. Why are you stealing my thunder? :grinning:

1 Like

Because in the spiritual realm we are both aliens that share the same consciousness. Trust me.