Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

This is the root of the whole fossil problem. It’s not a problem when we don’t pretend that the bible is a science text.

And yes, that’s a problem caused by those who insist on a literal reading of the bible, not on those who challenge that approach.

That won’t be good enough for those who are bent on trying to debase you.

Or Christians will respond that Job was originally a play, addressing the question of, “Why do bad things happen to good people?” The theme/lesson of the play is faith.

No it doesn’t. I used the word “COULD”.

I also happen to know quite a bit anout the evidence Smyrna is talking about, so my use of the phrase “planted evidence” is spot on.

Job is a great example of why people in today’s culture, reading a modern English translation, should take the time to study ancient cultures, language, and history. Otherwise, we are discussing a modern story of our own making that has nothing to do with the original.

Could he have done that? Yes. With God all things are possible.

Did he actually do that? No.

What was the bet?

What did God win?

What did Ha-Satan lose?

Bragging rights iirc.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

Why “replenish”? What was previously here that had to be replenished? Does that one word indicate a creation before the story of Genesis that was replaced by what was created in the Genesis story? Perhaps it is referring to the millions of years previous when dinosaurs lived.

Now you are squirming.

You said “God Planted”. Smyrna said, “could have created”.

You made the strawman.

Now dig that hole deeper.

If we assume fossils were created by God as a means to cast doubt…that was proposed earlier, was it not?

Following that assumption, the creation of fossils to allow for doubt is clearly a deceptive practice, is it not?

A wager requires 2 parties to risk something on the outcome of an event. God is omniscient. What did he risk?

Bragging rights.

There’s no squirming.

In order to discuss what Smyrna is proposing, we have to assume what would be the case if God in fact did this and go from there.

Otherwise there’s nothing to discuss.

So we agree that a literal reading of Genesis is unsupportable by the evidence we have today.

I wonder what other parts of the Bible are unsupportable? The Flood certainly comes to mind. I’d also add in the sun being held fixed in the sky for a Day is another.

God already knew what the outcome would be. There was no risk he would be wrong. Therefore it wasn’t a bet.

One could logically make that conclusion if one believes the God was testing a person faith and belief.
I am not saying that God did or did not.
I am saying God has tested peoples faith. So it is possible if you want to believe it.

Off topic a bit:
We know that in the Bible speaks of Nephilim who were also giants. And the book of Enoch speaks of them even more so. I have read theories that some people believe that many of the Mountains or Rock formations may be these Nephillim Petrified. So if we had Giants amount us one could also say that dino’s were natural at the time of the Nephillim
And we see fossils of both.
We know we have discovered bones of 9ft tall humanoid creatures in the USA during the 1800’s and early 1900’s.

Can God create a situation where even he doesn’t know the outcome?

When you have the answer to that paradox, let me know.

God just destroyed Job’s life to prove a point then?