Where did all the workers go?

Well, when people are treated like crap, paid crap wages, and are worked to the bone (lol “low-skilled”), of course they dont hang around. No one is going to keep breaking their backs for some power-tripping low level manager who doesn’t know his left ass cheek from his right ass cheek, but spends a lot of time letting everyone know he’s in charge and that they’re lucky he hasn’t already cited them 5 times that day.

I think a big problem in America is that we’ve come to accept “low-skill” should = low pay.

1 Like

None of that is new, what’s new was paying people so much not to work. It will take a little time for that money to be purged, then they will be going back to work or starving.

3 Likes

Because those should be the only options for the cogs.

Gross

That’s the talking point, all right.

Plenty of other options, I started out as a dishwasher when I was a kid, I didn’t stay one.

Again the service industry isn’t the only one suffering. All your guys points would make sense if it were. It’s not.

1 Like

Not true…they UE gave them enough money to pay their existing bills. It was not a financial windfall where they could suddenly bank months worth of savings.

1 Like

Why would it be limited to them, they weren’t the only ones getting stimulant checks and outsized UE.

1 Like

Psst, eviction moratorium at the same time.

3 Likes

Right now? Yes. A short order cook is worth eighteen to twenty an hour too.

1 Like

It’s not but why do you guys keep bringing up dish washers and jobs that weren’t meant to be careers. That’s not the only industry with staff issues.

1 Like

Saddest part is finding out you guys don’t even believe in the market. When it forced wages down it’s the market, but when it drives wages up you’re shocked and horrified and want it to stop.

3 Likes

Says who? If you can’t fill your jobs, raise your pay, seems applicable to me. Just you know, be better if they didn’t have to compete with the government.

1 Like

You’re literally crying about it in this thread lol.

1 Like

Says a post like four posts above yours - flipping burgers - 15 dollars. Come on now.

1 Like

No I am not crying about anything, just making an observation as to why all the workers suddenly decided that they were done.

“Cogs”? You say that like it’s a bad thing.

The job requirements/responsibilities of “low-skill” jobs are much different in 2021 than they were in the 60s/70s/80s.

A lot of the people today kvetching about “low skill” retail jobs clearly haven’t worked those types of jobs in a long time.

Your average McRestaurant worker isn’t any less skilled, nor are they working any less hard, than someone fabricating car parts in a factory, or welding things in a shop, or taking appointments by phone in an office.

More than 15 years ago, I made 13/hour just riding along with a UPS driver putting packages on doors. That dude was making bank, and his job description was “wear brown, drive brown truck, put brown boxes on steps.”

We (copyright) whine that people aren’t working, but demand they bootstrap themselves up with whatever job they are capable of doing, but then we (copyright) complain when they suggest that they should be able to eat more than rice and beans working at a job like that. It’s insanity.

1 Like

And some didn’t pay their bills.

1 Like

It’s not. I am trying to building out a Turnkey system in my business long term. Cogs is the only way to describe those who are part of the system i am trying to create