Where are the documents?

Isn’t Trump under audit, and accused of being a crook?

This article deals thoughtfully with this issue. It deals how Chairman Leahy dealt with Republican requests for White House documents for Elena Kagan.

Precedent clearly indicates that the minority party, be it Republican or be it Democratic, is NOT entitled to carte blanche production of a nominee’s entire record. They can make reasonable requests of documents, but a carte blanche demand for everything is clearly unreasonable and out of line.

Clearly Chairman Leahy would have rightfully refused Republicans if the situation was reversed and Chairman Grassley should rightfully refuse Democrats.

1 Like

Didn’t Nixon make the decision?

It’s innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Lets hold Trump to the same Presidential standard Nixon demanded on the Office of President. The people have to know whether or not their President is a crook. I don’t know if Trump is or not, so lets find out.

1 Like

Yeah! But Garland didn’t get a vote!

Then prove he is.

Patience Grasshopper. Mueller will announce his findings when he’s ready.

Patience? Am I the one making demands?

I don’t know what to say.

Yes. You’re making demands. You seem to want me to prove Trump is a crook. I’m patient enough to allow Mueller to do his job.

I’m not making demands, you are making accusations, then demanding Trump prove his innocence. That’s what we’ve become as a country.

Prove you aren’t a crook / racist / liar / harasser / whatever or you are.

Innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.

1 Like

The president is an unindicted co-conspirator to federal crimes which people have already plead guilty to. There are ongoing investigations to assert whether indictments are warranted. I’m in a wait and see mentality.

1 Like

It’s really a moot question, because this will never go to court, so we won’t get an actual answer.

Did you capitalize “Guardian of the Archive” on purpose? That’s not a title I’ve ever heard before.

what rights do the people retain, I thought the constitution was to protect the rights of the individual, not of the government. where did I go wrong?

Damn…the IRS hasn’t seen them to verify Trump did his legally?

The current hypocrisy of Trump and the Republicans in Congress regarding releasing documents is glaring.

That doesn’t even make sense. The Trump administration is responsible for those documents too.

and the dems?

Makes no difference one way or another. Kavanaugh will be confirmed in time for the October SCOTUS session.

Rubber stamp it is. They could at least try to look like they’re doing due diligence.

That reminds me, we haven’t seen Trump’s college transcripts - what’s he hiding?