Where are the Apologies? Covington Students Cleared of Wrongdoing

What exactly where the police supposed to investigate? What crime was alleged?

This isn’t the UK.

What is there to apologize for? I keep hearing Sean Hannity go off on some “high powered” attorney who is going to sue people if they don’t apologize, but the Krappy Kovington Kids are not owed an apology by any news outlets as far as I can tell. So file those lawsuits. Get on with it and stop being snot-nosed whiners.

1 Like

Sheesh why do you have to be so pedantic with your replies? Of course I know its not the UK, but I was making a general point as to why you never get an apology from media outlets on the same scale as the initial response. All media outlets operate in this way the original story makes headline news and the apology gets much smaller coverage.

More cons screaming about the speck in others eyes while walking around with a giant plank in theirs.

4 Likes

Has slander been proven in a court of law?

Name some names, give us some details, who slandered and what comprised the slander.

Come on now. It shouldn’t be hard. It was in the media right? It should be easy peasy to name names and list their deeds.

What damages do you believe they will be able to claim?

Maybe Conservatives should put a Black 18 year old handicapped girl
in a MAGA hat, and have her stand up for her beliefs.

Then the Liberals Politicians can ruin her life, and say that she’s a disgrace to
all Black People. They can say she’s a disgrace for her age. Call her
a Disgrace amongst handicapped people, and call her a disgrace to all women.

That’s what they seem to do to Conservatives in general.

Well let’s see, their reputations have been trashed and this will impact how they are looked at for the rest of their lives impacting job, educational opportunities and of course resulted in numerous death threats, threats on the school, the families etc.

I’d say that’s a pretty good start.

Bringing ourselves down to their level is not the answer.

I would never ask someone to do that.

It was to show the hypocrisy from the far left, and how
they attack anybody no matter what or who a person is in life,
as long as they’re a Trump supporter nothing seems to be off limits.

Hell look at how they constantly attack conservative women and blacks with any kind of high profile in the media.

It’s just what they do.

Good luck proving those damages. Claiming those as damages will either piss the judge off or cause him to laugh them out of court.

Again, the judge will say “why aren’t you going after the people who sent you death threats?” No one “caused” the death threats but the people who made them.

They are no more legally responsible than Trump is for violence at his rallies.

Which is a pretty good indicator that at best, the outlets would settle out of court, they know they don’t need to because they know this won’t go anywhere. This is Nancy Grace levels of fluff.

Yes it is. It is highly immoral, as well as hypocritical on their parts
for doing so.

Also bad for their supposed causes. Then again if they’re attacking women, and
minorities on the right side of the spectrum, they probably don’t honestly
believe in most of their own causes anyways.

I believe that is the plan. To put decent patriotic kids through this kind of hate is something that should not be ignored.

You have of course zero basis in fact for any of those claims but I didn’t expect any better.

The lies spread by the media talking heads are directly responsible for those threats.

Defamation/Slander in this case is a slam dunk, there was no basis in fact for any of the smears of these kids or the school.

It’s ok though since those women and blacks are conservatives and/or libertarians.

The flip side of that is people like Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, and Bill Clinton who’s actions were atrocious but they supported leftwing causes and they remain heroes to this day in the eyes of the left.

As long as the activist keeps selling out, and the Democrat Politicians
keep paying off those activists, it’s all good! lol.

Then the Activists always just look the other way, when
Democrats do or say anything Racist, or Sexist, or rape women.

The Liberal Media likes to look the other way also. (ABC, CBS, NBC).

I don’t really care about the lawsuit, but there was a few blue check marked celebrities and business owners that were calling for violence against the kids. I draw a line there. While I didn’t like the way the media started the reporting with just a fragment of a video, most at least corrected it somewhat. My problem is with the Twitter celebs and important people calling for violence on kids.

They all share responsibility. If not for the lies the media ran with none of the rest would have followed.

They had a basic duty to verify the accuracy of the accusations before running with them and everyone with a pulse had a reasonable expectation of what would follow those allegations being splattered all over every form of media in the country smearing the kids and the school.