Where are the Apologies? Covington Students Cleared of Wrongdoing

I have read the filings, hence my questions to you regarding the strength of their case.

Then post them and let’s discuss them.

I can’t post what is not there… Let’s start simply… Which state/federal laws will be used to evaluate this case? You made the claim in the start of this discussion that the defamation did not take place in Kentucky nor did the defamation. So under what federal/state law is the case being filed?

Then email the attorney and let us know what you find out.

Wait a minute… You are making the claim that they have a strong case… On what basis are you making that claim if you can’t cite the federal/state statute they violated?

I really tire of repeating myself. Try reading above a few posts.

Will this be tried using a federal statute or a state statute… Should be an easy question to answer… Are you suggesting all have the same elements?

What part of this do you fail to understand?

3m

I really tire of repeating myself. Try reading above a few posts.

I fail to understand why you are avoiding answering the question… Will this be tried using Kentucky defamation law? Federal defamation? Enlighten us…

I’m neither bringing the case nor hearing it. The filings cite the federal district court of KY as the proper venue on mulitiple grounds and cite the applicable statutes.

The judge must feel it’s the proper venue since it wasn’t summarily rejected.

After listening to Dershowitz’ discuss the case and state he felt they would likely prevail I’m convinced they have a case as he has no bias and certainly no reason to argue their side of the case being just unless he believes it to be true.

I’ll certainly take his argument over anything you’ve stated on the subject.

Why would the court rule on the matter when the defendant has not responded?

This Dershowitz interview?

Dershowitz said that Sandmann has a “significant” chance of winning the case or getting The Post to settle, but his lawyers made a serious legal mistake by mentioning President Trump and the broader media in the lawsuit.

“They’d be much better off not making that argument and simply saying, ‘We represent one guy, a kid, his reputation has been hurt. This is not about Donald Trump, this is not about trying to chill the media,’” Dershowtiz said. “A serious tactical blunder by the lawyers.”

He said Sandmann should seriously consider hiring a different lawyer who’s more interested in presenting the specifics of Sandmann’s case, as opposed to a general case against the media.

“If this were merely about this young man being hurt, they’d have a much better chance of winning.”

The court isn’t required to wait for the respondent to respond. If the case has no merit and/or no place in his jurisdiction it can be summarily thrown out.

So this federal court is not required to follow the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure?

How bad is the motion to dismiss when the defendant asks to file excess pages… LOL…

It’s the Liberal Media. They don’t need to apologize for nothing ever!

They run off fake news, and thrive on it, and so do their dwindling numbers of followers
still watching. lol.

^^ Fake post. Not one word is accurate.

And the case is dismissed. I actually thought it may stand in part. Probably was a so called judge.

:grin:

1 Like

This is irrelevant to the defamation of character. I would not be surprised if the case was retried for a different reason. I’ll bet Nicolas will get some money, even if it isn’t the full $250 million settlement that he asked for. He can also appeal the case.

83 year old Carter appointee. Get a real judge for the smarmy kid.

I believe it was dismissed “with prejudice”…no appeals.

It’s done- a dismissal with prejudice is a final ruling.

1 Like