Where are all my small government conservatives at?

This post is so weak, I’m surprised that the words aren’t falling off the page.

As usual, no cogent argument, just ad hominem, go bite someone else’s ankles.

You think your argument is “cogent?”

It is at the very least, an argument.

Where are all my small government conservatives at?

Is there a smaller level of government than a mayor of a city or town?

If that were true then it would small FEDERAL government conservative, but its not.

1 Like

So a mayor is ordering private organizations not to buy a certain companies products. How fascist

I disagree with state government not being included.

This ban was stupid, but I don’t see what it has to do with small government.

But the federal government forcing citizens to buy health insurance is a-ok to you.

For one thing, dude, conservatives don’t consider all levels of government the same. They recognize that the constitution makes the distinction. It’s the federal government that conservatives mostly want to be as small as possible.

You were either lied to or were sleeping in your indoctrination classes.

1 Like

So it’s ok for local level government to trample on your rights then?

It is a different topic… not a small government discussion.

Stop making love to your strawmen… in public, at least.

Except for the military, and welfare for oil industry. And funding to the drug companies. And regulation on weed in states. You pick and choose what you want big brother telling us what to do. Oddly you don’t like the government doing things to help poor people but like things that help the rich…

No, he means it is OK for them to do it as long it is a issue he wants.

2 Likes

They have medicines for people who hear voices in their head.

Although this is actually more of a local government issue, I’ll go on record as saying that if you want to find a small government conservative these days you have to look outside the 2 party system. Both parties are pro big government. They just want the government expanded in different areas.

1 Like

Military. It’s a delegated function of the federal. It’s too big but ok.

Welfare for the oil industry. Shouldn’t exist. No it’s not ok even though big government Rs love it.

Funding for drug companies shouldn’t be happening other than government needing to buy meds that it needs for its other functions.

Pot shouldn’t be federally illegal. States and local are free to do with it what they wish due to the 10th.

Programs for welfare and the poor are also fine…if they are at the state level or lower. They shouldn’t be federal.

This current Nike ban is also fine under the 10th. It’s stupid, but fine.

That’s what it boils down to is the 10th amendment. Small government people like myself want it strictly followed. Big govt types of both parties don’t because it limits their power.

1 Like

Truth here as well.

Starts a slow clap … Amen !!!

I’ll disagree to some extent.

I want both federal and state governments to get smaller. But there will be times when a cut in federal spending and bureaucracy should be picked up by the state government when it’s a function that should more rightfully be handled at the state level.

As for big-vs-small government on the Nike issue, it’s a wash. The decision doesn’t increase or cut spending. It doesn’t increase or cut bureaucracy. It neither makes nor repeals any law.

Someone might argue with the decision, and I have no beef with anyone who opposes it (ir supports it!). But it’s barking up the wrong tree to say this is a big-government-vs-small-government issue. It’s just a vendor decision.