When they stretch that huge flag across the field

Are you suggesting the CEC uses the flag as a political prop?

Why, bless my lapel pin - I’m shocked! :wink:

2 Likes

Political rallies are also shows

That was last year. Has it ever occurred to you to just comment on the topic?

Nope you are absolutely wrong. This is inappropriate as well. Google the flag code if you doubt it.

Suspended from the rafters is okay according to the flag code.

Nope. It should not be displayed flat.

But when is a flag no longer a flag, and instead only the depiction of one? A painting? A pin? A cup? A shirt?

Can the flag be displayed wrong if it is not actually a flag, but only an object or other symbol/picture?

Where is the flag pole for the flag used on fields?

Google the flag code. It is very interesting. It should be required reading.

I know it, but that’s not my point, the flag code does not define symbolism.

Well, we all know that went out the window with conservative republicans.

Most of it is very straight forward. But there is a little room for interpretation in some areas.

I highly recommend this. It is really quite interesting.

I never understood what the left has against the whole patriotism and flag thing?

Part of that has to do with the symbol seeming to be more important than what it symbolizes.

1 Like

Our military paid the NFL to do these things.

This a cool website. I think it should be required learning.

Because many on right have a false sense of patriotism, for instance. They elected Trump and mocked a True Patriot like McCain. I thought for sure that Trump was done as a GOP candidate when he insulted every PoW by saying they where losers when captured. This was such a horrid thing, if a Dem had said that the Democrats would hung the candidate up, but GOP who where suppose to be the party of supporting military did not bat a eye. I never liked McCain the Senator because many of his policies where IMO wrong, But as a fellow Vet I never ever would support a butt wipe that would say getting captured in a war made them losers.

1 Like

Check out this website. It is totally hate free and non political. Very educational.

We need our daily dose of gawd and country!