When it's all said and done what will the actual cost be for all the rioting, looting, arson etc?

Impeachment is a pure political , constitutional way of removing a president.

Allan

After 9/11, many insurance companies changed their policies and listed an additional option labeled, “terrorism”. It was an additional cost and I didn’t take it. It was expensive and IMO, not worth it? How will these riots be listed by insurance companies? Will they list it as domestic terrorism and will they be legally exempt from covering these losses? I’ve not heard this being addressed one way or the other yet but I do know it will be a very important component of this decision of whether this is covered, or not?

Was it worth it?

Communities burned down, local jobs destroyed, small business livelihoods completely erased.

Was it all worth it? Out of anger at an injustice? Burning down your own communities?

I’d say no. It wasn’t worth it. And I’m pretty sure George Floyd and other innocent black men killed by police would be pretty damn angry about what was done in their names.

3 Likes

That’s not what the article is about, it’s about what they will insure going forward. Do you reccomend burning businesses down every few years to get insurance money?

1 Like

I see it that way as well.

I believe the peaceful protestor are about Floyd. The others are just opportunists looking for a reason.

Sad thing about this are the people in the communities who now have to pick up the pieces. They may not get the majority of these businesses back which hurts everyone.

1 Like

Stay on topic please.

1 Like

There are no state funds. 'Rona shut the state funds down.

We know the reason. You© failed in every attempt to bring Trump down so now you take the blood and treasure of innocent Americans in an election year so that you can say “SEE SEE ORANGE MAN BAD”.

You© are as transparent as can be.

The problem is… you© think you© are fighting Trump. You© are really fighting our Constitution. And the constitution gives state and local governments the authority to stop the riots and killing and looting and burning. Your© wet dream of images of “Tin soldiers and Trumpkins coming…” doesn’t play in an administration that acknowledges the powers of the states that is written into our constitution.

2 Likes

I would think they would be more angry about what was done to them.

Of course.

Doesn’t mean they’d be happy with what was done in the aftermath either.

Torching the offending police station makes sense, even if I don’t agree with it. Confronting the cops makes sense.

Burning down a Target does not make sense. At all.

2 Likes

Although riot, civil commotion and vandalism are covered perils under most commercial property policies, loss of income as a result of having the government order a shut down due to a health crisis is NOT often covered too.

That complicates the matter as many of the commercial businesses whose property was damaged in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death were still closed.

Here is an article on that added complexity where claim adjusters must factor the pandemic exclusion into the amount to resolve.

2 Likes

Applying this posters logic and reason, after viewing a little kid get shot, walking across the street with her father, if I’m upset enough by seeing this video, I now have the right to riot, loot and commit acts of violence on innocent people. As I told him, I’m very disappointed in my fellow Americans.

1 Like

I can see that being an issue too. That makes sense as well

Their rioting, looting, killing, and burning will not be without a price. The pendulum will swing.

1 Like

Yep one of my daughters is a good example. She and her husband showed no interest in guns till all this violence but now they have bought a gun for him and are going to buy a gun for her as well. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don’t beat or kill as well.

1 Like

Devil’s plan is a good way to put it. :+1:

Great post! :+1: I would argue after the 1st day or 2 it was more about criminals and anarchists enjoying looting, burning, beating, and killing than anything.

The gutless mayors stood back and permitted it so it looks like armed property owners are starting to push back. Good for them. :+1:

1 Like

An even more massive republican landslide will be the price dimocrats will pay.

Thanks libs for all your failures!

1 Like

Not to mention the tactic of ruining the polls by threatening trump supporters. They won’t even get a “heads up” in advance that they could respond to.

Those teary frowny faces are gonna be something this year. No doubt more riots too. We are ready.