When I was Young

That was before, cell phone cams, and body cams. How long has this ■■■■ we see in these videos been going on, and how many times have they gotten away with it. Thats the point I dont think many on the Right get.

No, it’s no excuse. Very few police are bad cops.

No excuse to riot, kill, arson, & looting. None.

3 police are arrested per day in this country. 1,100 per year. It’s more than very few.

1 Like

For abuse of those in custody or stupid crap from newbies? Never heard that before.

For practically everything.

Link

1 Like

Ah the good old days. /sarc

Great post.

It amounts to 0.072% of the total police force arrested. About half of those was serious enough to lose their job, or be incarcerated. Any is too much, but the vast majority of them are good cops. Not even 1/10 of 1 percent ever get arrested for anything, & about half of those don’t lose their job because it’s not serious enough.

So I stand my my assertion very few are bad cops.

One way of seeing it. The “Chrissy” character was a dingbat, & it was funny. The other girl was the smart one & often outwitted everyone. Roper’s antics actually was a caricature & shined a light on bigotry.
Not the best show I remember though. Kinda’ too dumb.

All in the Family & the Jefferson’s was funny, & shined a light on old school bigotry from both races. I think those shows actually did more for race relations & rolling back the frontiers of ignorance, misogyny, & bigotry than most of the period. The joke was on the bigot most of the time & I think it made a lot of people realize just how stupid & awful it was, plus it WAS funny.

Per year.

Yes. 0.072% I’m not excusing it, just pointing out most cops are good.

Still no excuse for riot, murder, arson, & looting.

3 a day is not “very few”. Consider the vetting.

What number are you using for the total number of cops?

Using the numbers from the link you sent me. One a year is too much. Still, the VAST MAJORITY is good cops. Also, half of the 0.072% didn’t even lose their jobs, not serious enough of an offence.

Do you think cops are less likely to get caught (arrested) than non-cops?

1 Like

Bad cops will show a pattern & will eventually get caught. I don’t know what the ratio of cops to non-cops getting caught is. I don’t think that’s something anyone can know. Nobody hates a bad cop more than a good one.