What's Your Vision for the Country?

I have 3 “visions”:
1 - Make marijuana legal to possess, no minimum amount. But, have limits and testing for operating a vehicle, just like alcohol.
2 - Churches lose tax exemptions. Religious entities are becoming more vocal in politics. Time to tax them.
3 - Term limits for Congress and age limits for SCOTUS justices.
4 - Congress pays for their own healthcare.

3 Likes

There’s a lot there to agree with, some I don’t. Thank you.

Interesting. Is it already generational?

I would like this 10 times if I could.

I could see a regional compact model.

More in terms of economy than facility.

My concern is moving the health care administration too far from the consumer. I already think it is too far away.

You have a problem with service and it is next to impossible to talk to the provider. The Canada and EU model appears to exasperate this issue.

Here you eventually can get through to the insurance provider and you can also withhold payment to get some attention.

If government runs it…you have no leverage at all.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Honor system till abuse is observed. If someone comes and applies for a spot, then they will be able to get one. A supervisor will have discretion to evict if they’re just being used as recreational dens.

Good point.

So they can come and go?

It’s only a matter of time before everyone on Earth agrees with me on one viewpoint or another. It’s mathematically guaranteed. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, they won’t be forced if they don’t want to live there. A used, but vacant hut will go through a legal eviction and be disposed of after a certain amount of time (if there’s no reason given for the absence.)

Logistics?

Don’t get ahead of yourself up

:slightly_smiling_face:

Too late, you’re already a statistic. :wink:

I can’t tell from my point of view yet. I have always found it an intriguing thought exercise to imagine the eventual point in time where multiple generations of people have lived with working knowledge of the internet age. When I was younger, I was more optimistic of the idea of society being able to progress faster with instantaneous answers to inquires and older myths being further discredited to the point they are ignored.

Now I see a generation of people who haven’t matured emotionally to love themselves so they instead go online and spread hate to make themselves feel better. That the internet is a tool and shield for themselves to distract themselves instead of empower. The first thing one must do to solve the problem is address it, yet I see a multi-generational use of internet to devolve further.

Will we see a cancel internet culture in our lifetime? Or will things get so much worse that we have no other choice but to reform our culture? Reformations can and do happen, but usually after a purge/self acceptance of the problem. I don’t see us being close to that point yet.

I would also like to see individuals wake up for real and realize that we are not the ones oppressing each other. But hey, that’s just the kook inside me talking. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t have a vision of “one big happy family”, we’ve never been that and never will be. We’re too different and so are out needs.

@Camp 's comment about cookie cutter healthcare is a good example that gives me pause in my support for single payer.

I believe the resentment that leads to tribing up comes from imposition of values on values.

I honestly don’t know how to share resources efficiently for something as important as healthcare while avoiding this imposition.

1 Like

If only we had some tried and true method of efficiently distributing resources. Some medium of exchange everyone could agree on that harnesses market forces that had proven over and over again to be superior to top down government control of resources.

Personally maximum freedoms with limited government influences. Some mention healthcare. If you want to help, give debit to those that can’t afford it. of like food assistance program. But allow them to choose their plan and priorities.

Laws that allow greater defense of life and property. There shouldn’t be any need or justification for criminals.

Clean energy where is is feasible…not mandated because it harms working people and global competition.

End laws that are politically motivated…they’re the worst IMO, that and abuse of those laws.

Just to name few things off the top.

De-emphasize working.