What's next for the climate change crowd?

It wasn’t a complaint. If you scroll back up to thread # 1, you will see that it is a question. Why don’t the libs come up with a new, winning strategy to replace the old, failed one? I think my ideas were pretty damned creative. Don’t you?

First. Let me be clear. This is not a debate regarding whether or not climate change is real. We have already had thousands of posts on the issue. A redo of the same arguments yet again would be incredibly boring. So please. Don’t.

It’s worth the price.

If the truth isn’t good enough, then what is?

We could never have won, American could stop emitting carbon and it still happens. You think it’s all on us or what? By the way, we have exceeded the Paris agreement standards.

So obviously a new plan is needed to replace these proven climate losers. What should be the new plan to reduce carbon output?

Do you like my ideas? :sunglasses:

If I wanted to have fun: nationalization of all energy production. That would do it!

A carbon tax will be transferring trillions of dollars for .03 less of a degree of temperature decrease in 100 years. It was also seriously slam the poor and middle class who are already struggling to pay for utilities and fuel.

I would like to hear a better who idea as well.

How do you propose getting around the takings clause of the constitution?

The supreme court will probably not allow the federal government to seize businesses. So if that doesn’t happen (and it won’t) you simply give up? Your idea is part of the old plan that has failed for 30 years. What should plan B, be?

Do you like my ideas?

Because… you guys won.

Nothing is going to happen to change the course.

What is hard about that?

I don’t. I said if I wanted to have fun. And the United States has done temporary nationalizations of industries, such as of the railways during World War I, and these did not run a foul of the Takings Clause because they were compensated.

In my haste, I misread your post.

For that I apologize.

Landmines!

Nothing is going to happen because people who believe refuse to act. Nobody is stopping them from pursuing solutions. I offered some great ideas. Their choice is to continue to pollute. To do nothing. That is THEIR choice.

What is hard about that?

What an asinine suggestion! It’s a collective action problem. The people who do care about also have the choice of passing legislation for an even more effective solution.

All we can do it try to get backing power and then rein the climate accord and reverse all the EPA roll backs the GOP did.

What EPA rollbacks have hurt the environment?

Calling them climate change crowd is very generous, I call them environmental nutjobs! :roll_eyes:

I think they are on their third “10 year warning” so I don’t think they are capable of changing or stopping because they are part of the liberal crowd that never learns so they will be brainwashing our children and rolling out the 10 year alarm for generations. That is what needs to STOP, we need to get that fear mongering out of our school curriculum’s. JMO