What's next for the climate change crowd?

First. Let me be clear. This is not a debate regarding whether or not climate change is real. We have already had thousands of posts on the issue. A redo of the same arguments yet again would be incredibly boring. So please. Don’t.

So here’s what we know. The climate change issue seems to be way down on the list of American concerns. If it makes the list at all. The current strategy of the climate folks hasn’t been all that successful. So obviously, you need better ideas. Because these are proven losers.

1. Climate shaming. Insulting, shaming and ridiculing people who do not share the climate alarmists views has failed. I don’t think that shaming has caused a single person to change his opinion.

2. Predictions of doom. The problem with these dire predictions, is that when the deadlines are reached, the predicted catastrophe does not occur.

3. Redistributing wealth. The idea of sending money from rich countries to poor countries in order to fight climate change is not something that most people want. Most Americans believe that we already give too much of our money away to foreign. Nobody is excited about this.

4. Carbon taxes. Increasing the cost of energy with fees and taxes is probably the least popular of all. Nobody wants to be punished for heating their house, driving to work or going on vacation.

So obviously a new plan is needed to replace these proven losers. What should be the new plan to reduce carbon output?

DEMs win back everything and proceed to force climate change regulations and legislation down our throats. Pretty much the same as it has always been.

That’s why Republicans need to be motivated to vote in these mid-terms to retain control of both houses.

Only nets them a temporary victory, because when voters get the bill, they’ll be voted out and replaced with people who will repeal it.

Better if they don’t get back the power in the first place! :+1:

1 Like

Can’t disagree there.

There’s nothing to do other than wait and blame the Republicans when it’s obvious to everyone that climate change is real.

How does blaming republicans reduce carbon output? If they are serious, shouldn’t they come up with a plan to do it? So far their ideas have all failed. They need a new strategy. Any ideas? I have plenty.

Look… you guys won. Nothing is going to happen to prevent the effects of climate change.

You won’t have to pay for it.

Your ancestors will… but you won’t.

Congrats.

2 Likes

What have your people done? Absolutely nothing but complain. Congrats.

The window to actually do something that would have less effect on the economy passed us already.

You guys won. It won’t be your problem.

Why are you complaining about it?

So the dems are giving up? They really never tried anything other than shaming and complaining. Even I am creative enough to have better ideas than that.

Nah… you believed oil companies over climate scientists.

People did try. It was rejected.

You won.

Revel in it that it won’t be your problem.

The earth reached 8 C higher average a few million years ago, to the point where the arctic was tropical…

That’s real science…

I don’t think there is any plan that will work.

I give up. You win. We won’t do anything until it’s too late.

Nah, You chose rhetoric over action. Every filthy rich liberal corporation such as Microsoft, apple, google, Amazon chose to do nothing but complain. Why isn’t every single Hollywood home currently off of the grid? Are they too poor to convert? Why isn’t every Amazon location powered by it’s own solar/ wind farm? Can’t afford to put the planet first? Why haven’t private sector liberal gazillionaires funded programs to help third world countries stop polluting? You guys are great at complaining but suck at problem solving.

You did NOTHING

Revel in that.

This is now. Not millions of years ago.

That might as well be a completely different planet that you are speaking of.

Nah, You chose rhetoric over action. Every filthy rich liberal corporation such as Microsoft, apple, google, Amazon chose to do nothing but complain. Why isn’t every single Hollywood home currently off of the grid? Are they too poor to convert? Why isn’t every Amazon location powered by it’s own solar/ wind farm? Can’t afford to put the planet first? Why haven’t private sector liberal gazillionaires funded programs to help third world countries stop polluting? You guys are great at complaining but suck at problem solving.

You did NOTHING

Revel in that.

I still don’t know what your complaint is.

Your guys won.

We reaped all of the economic benefits and were able to shove the reprocussions off on those who will deal with it when we are old or dead.

Can’t stop it now… just hope that it won’t get too expensive before we all shuffle off this mortal coil.

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

That’s silly… We’ve been in the same pattern for 1/2 a billion years. Use real science.