What Were You Thinking, Arizona?

Let me clearify a few things. Sales tax and corporate taxes can be regulated at the state level. My concern with her is that she has rarely taken a public stance on issues aside from women’s health. Her past activities are concerning when she not willing to publicly state her position on issues. I’m not saying that maybe she has changed, but when she not willing to take a public stance you don’t know what your getting. She did vote 61% with Trump this past year, so it’s possible she willing to reach compromise. There are a number of canidates that are far left and will not publicly state their positions because they know they won’t get elected. That the new strategy, play moderate until you get in office. I hope she will serve Arizonans well, but I would like politians to publicly acknowledge their positions on the issues.

Chase people like Flake and Sanford out of the party because they’re too moderate, and Democrats will happily take their places instead.

2 Likes

In other words assume the absolute worst about a person. Terrible way to live.

This is the modern GOP. They’ve moved from election fraud is terrible to to counting votes being terrible. It’d be sad and pathetic if it weren’t so dangerous.

Part of the talk radio right-wing media (Mostly in AZ here) has been recently proclaiming that Martha McSally lost to Kyrsten Sinema mainly because McSally was an establishment candidate who didn’t go on enough of the conservative radio talk shows and that in turn caused a bit of the conservative base to not come out to vote for her. But McSally was on Sean’s radio show at least once, and the turnout for Arizona’s 2018 mid-term election was very, very high. The conservative base did turn out to vote for McSally. Plus McSally ended up getting more votes than Jeff Flake six years ago in his Senate race that he won, which occurred in a Presidential election year.

2012 Flake — 1,104,457
2018 McSally - 1,127,144
2018 Sinema – 1,180,820

And Arizona here is no longer really a red state anymore. The Democratic candidate for Secretary of State recently got declared the winner in her race.

http://amp.abc15.com/3118611510/katie-hobbs-defeats-steve-gaynor-in-secretary-of-state-race-per-ap.html

1 Like

Cool!

In a few years I might be able to put Arizona back on list of states I will vacation in.

Or not enough Russian Facebook bots.

I halfway feel like kicking Arizona out of the United States. Should we do it? I don’t know. We’ll have to wait and see.

It’s funny that dems gained seats in 2016. May be because the congressional races weren’t targeted? :thinking:

That you discount the ability of social media to affect public perception yet you accept the power of social media as a whole is interesting.

I don’t discount any such thing. Are you claiming Russian Facebook bots are helping dems?

Where did you get that form my post which said may be the congressional races weren’t targeted since the dems gained seats in both the house and the senate in 2016

You started an entire thread trying to argue that since the dems won the house shouldn’t that mean the Russians helped them ? Or did i misunderstand it?

So if the dems win it’s not. If the dems lose it is Russian bots?

Why would Putin let the dems take the House?

Same reason why he let them gain seats in 2016?

I don’t know, I’m just trying to figure it all out.

yeah me too

The major metro areas (Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff) are all decent enough. Flagstaff is especially nice in the autumn and spring - plenty of breweries, dogs, and ravens (these are a few of my favorite things).

Actually McSally lost because she lost Maricopa County because the voters didn’t know her there, and she didn’t have a compelling story.

Not every GOP loss was because of a backlsh against Trump and his behavior.

Newsflash. Two parties exist because thinking people have reasoned differences.

I’m sure they are lovely, but I don’t vacation in Red states. Don’t want any of my money going into those states.