What Snack Should I Make For Hall Meeting?

• Lemon Buttercream Cupcakes (I’ve made these only once before)
  • Oreo Cookie Balls
  • Just buy something from the store.

0 voters

So the “snack spoon” will be on my door soon and I was wondering what snack I should make for hall meeting about two Mondays from tomorrow. What snack do you favor or think will be more popular with the girls on my wing? I have time to make only one dish.(I’m not asking them because I want to surprise them).

If you have another idea, please put it below. :slight_smile:

There are so many Oreo flavors now, something with lemon, like cupcakes or lemon bars, will be a little different.

1 Like

Here’s one recipe for lemon bars. There are others at www.allrecipes.com

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with cupcakes and if you don’t have time, just buy some from the store.

1 Like

Very Canadian (you don’t have to tell anyone else that part), but these are a delight: https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/the-ultimate-nanaimo-bar/16810/

If nothing else, definitely something different.

1 Like

I had the best thing at a bake sale the other day. It wss a oreo cookie with peanutbutter smeared on it then put in cupcake batter and baked.

1 Like

Post the recipe for those lemon buttercream cupcakes, if you can, please!

1 Like

My girl is a snack master and her philosophy is : bring cakes when you want something to go your way, bring cookies if you just want to get out of there quickly.

1 Like

Here is the buttercream frosting:https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/lemon-buttercream-frosting/

And the cake: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-lemon-cupcakes-with-vanilla-frosting/

Beware, these are time-intensive. I was also covered head to toe in confectioner’s sugar "
:laughing:

While I was searching for these, I found a British recipe that called to make your own curd filling. For the filling I just used lemon pie filling.

1 Like

Those recipes look amazing. I am so craving lemon cakes now.

Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

1 Like

BTW being a busy college girl, lemon cake mixes aren’t bad especially when you make an amazing frosting like that. :wink: :cupcake: :lemon:

1 Like

Cream puffs!!

1 Like

Oh sure, not a lot of work and totally not a fussy pastry or custard.

1 Like

I have several relatives who went to culinary schools and make the most out of this world cream puffs you could imagine LOL! I’m, to put it mildly, partial to them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol yet you suggest a busy college girl make them. One degree off, one ounce off and you have chewy puffs and watery cream.

No!

2 Likes

Oreos and milk.

1 Like

@FlameHeart your OP inspired me to make a Lemon Meringue pie today.

Some of those other lemons will be cupcakes next week. :wink:

1 Like

Ooh yummy! :yum:

1 Like

Take blocks of Cream Cheese and cover them with Pickapeppa Sauce.
Put a plate of saltine crackers close and a knife to spread the cream cheese and Pickapeppa on the crackers.

It’ll all be gone when the party ends and there will be requests for more.

You can buy Pickapeppa all over the South in supermarkets. If you can’t find it, order it from AMAZON. (Link below). Get the regular Pickapeppa not the hot mango version.

Pickapeppa is from Jamaica. It is made in Shooters Hill, Jamaica, near Mandeville. The ingredients (in order on the product label) are: cane vinegar, sugar, tomatoes, onions, raisins, sea salt, ginger, peppers, garlic, cloves, black pepper, thyme, mangoes, and orange peel, aged in oak barrels. The sauce is sweet, sour and mildly spicy. It tastes a little like A-1 Sauce, but it’s a lot better.

Good stuff!!

1 Like