What should the Trump campaign spend its money on?

Should the Trump campaign pay its outstanding bills to city’s or pursue legal cases.

The map below show the city’s they are currently stiffing.

Your thoughts appreciate

1 Like

All I have to say is that any city that hosts a Trump rally in the future without getting paid up front deserves to be taken for a ride.

2 Likes

Grifters gonna grift.

And yes, anyone smart dealing with the Trump family would demand to be paid in full in advance. :wink:

1 Like

The Trump team should spend its money on outstanding bills.
“Pay for what you’ve gotten” is more important than “try to get what you won’t”

1 Like

Agreed. @20K a day for a Sesame Street “Lawyer” you could pay a lot of that off

It should probably stop spending money.

2 Likes

Trump should continue to do what he has been doing, paying himself. Screw paying bills. He hasn’t done that for decades.

Is owing money illegal now? What proof do you have that the campaign has no intention of paying? I did hear that certain Democrat districts were highly overcharging for Trump events vs. what they were charging for Democrat events, simply because it was Trump.

Trump has owed El Paso over 550k since Feb 2019.

How long is too long?

Is that illegal? Has the Trump campaign been sued yet? Have they paid some, and this amount is what’s left, or is this amount the total sum?

2 years being unpaid. You tell me… are you ok with that?

Yes they are being sued

Then both sides will be entitled to disclosure. From my reading, municipalities inflate their claimed costs for obvious reasons.

For instance, “The audit said the city didn’t adequately ensure the charges from partner law enforcement agencies were appropriate. It questioned why the fire department used a weighted average to calculate overtime pay instead of using actual rates.”

Often vehicles are bought, allegedly for law and order purposes, only to be given to city councillors and mayor’s immediately afterwards.

The bill needs to be justified. That’s what the courts are for, if two parties can’t agree on what is fair.

Trump signed an agreement… He broke the agreement. What is fair is what was in the agreement.

He hasn’t paid 1 dime yet. So he is disputing the entire bill?

Are you making that up, or can you link to the contract?
At the moment you are just spouting hearsay

I already gave you a link…

Why act surprised? Trump has a history of not paying his bills.

1 Like

It looks like a lot of these invoices are amounts that cities, often Democrat controlled cities, decided that they should be paid for providing police protection. Lets not pretend that these are instances where the Trump campaign signed a contract with the city establishing an amount for such services.

"At least nine other city governments — from Mesa, Arizona, to Erie, Pennsylvania — are still waiting for Trump to pay public safety-related invoices they’ve sent his presidential campaign committee in connection with his political rallies, according to interviews with local officials and municipal records obtained by the Center for Public Integrity.

Some invoices are three years old. In all, city governments say Trump’s campaign owes them at least $841,219.

Must Trump pay?

That depends on who you ask. The cities are adamant Trump should pay up. But in many of these cases, there are no signed contracts between the municipal governments and the Trump campaign. The cities dispatched police officers to secure Trump’s events because they believe public safety required it — and the U.S. Secret Service asked for it."

Why the Trump campaign won’t pay police bills – Center for Public Integrity