What Should Donald Trump Say In His Speech Tonight

FOX & Friends, of course.

2 Likes

My guess is mostly himself, but backed up by Miller and his hair in a can.

Good point.

I’m super hoping he ad libs it. That would make my day.

1 Like

He’ll likely say “a lot of people are telling him” to do this.

1 Like

It really is quite amazing. Good observation.

I agree completely. This move by the networks to air a partisan propaganda piece from State Run TV is shameful on their part. So much for the idiotic narrative that the media is all liberal all the time.

A year ago I would have agreed, but when we have at least a third of the country actually supporting a would be authoritarian dictatorship I’m not so sure now.

He will declare a national emergency and disband the house of representatives. The Senate will be the only congressional branch and will get rid of the filibuster. He will then seize communications and put fox news across the while spectrum of channels.

His most trusted advisers.

What’s getting left out here is that the main reason that the Republican senators and congressmen have tolerated this is that since the Trump White House is too incompetent to work with Congress, this actually gives Congress more power as they’re left to their own devices and keep what should be Trump’s patronage for themselves.

Watch how quickly this tune changes the second that Trump tries to limit their power. Congress, and I don’t care what party they are or how scared of his base they are, will fight the executive to the death to keep the power of the purse.

1 Like

All I know is this is poison to McConell’s chances of keeping the Senate in 2020. All those Republican Senators up for re-election in Purple States are getting hurt by Trump’s need to stroke his ego.

Absolutely. They are abject failures at governing.

Here is the plan as I see it.

• fat donald calls for a national emergency
  • govt re-opens
  • national emergency gets immediately court challenged
  • fat donald calls off national emergency claiming it’s libs fault
  • Fox News goes on a full blitz blaming the libs
2 Likes

There is zero chance that McConnell won’t fight back against an attempt to circumvent the power of the purse.

Former GOP head Michael Steele says Trump will say “Lies, lies and more lies.” Pretty much nails it.

Yup- though McConnell will allow the Dem controlled House will do the heavy lifting to stop Trump’s dictatorial power grab. Then it can be painted as obstructionist Dems versus the Prez. McConnell will turtle up and say some general platitudes, as usual.

Pence is using the phrase “special interest aliens” in interviews to get the base riled up. What total ■■■■■■■■■

Thats what I think too- probably the smartest strategic move by Trump at this point to cut his losses. And then he gets to gin up anger at Pelosi and the libz for stopping him. Same old same old.

Privately I agree- the dude must be livid. But I would be pretty surprised if he publicly comes out and condemns Trump for trying to reallocate monies for a “National Emergency”. I think he’ll let Pelosi et al do the heavy lifting.

Plus, he’ll have a new punching back in the “so - called judge” that dares to issue a ruling that stops him from doing whatever the hell he wants.