What should be the next response to the next virus be?

wait till an election year, call republicans racists then get 10’s of millions of people laid off

1 Like

Whom is doing the “investigation”?

Do you think this virus was created in a lab? If so, why?

I’m with you 100%, Auto.

All air travel? Because it would have to be ALL. Scientists found the the New York outbreak came from Europe, not China.

Crotchless pants at the forbidden palace. Nice.

Yeah…europe too right now. I said it a month ago. He waited too long on Europe. Way too long.

An entire continent of travelers fly into a city of almost 9 million people during a ■■■■■■■ Pandemic…

Do you want 800 deaths per day? Because that’s how you get 800 deaths per day.

1 Like

Currently…resources should be used to correct the problem. Later, some can be reallocated to investigate the actual source plus the egregious mistakes made, allowing the world to be infected? Lastly, what cost China should pay the world?

It’s a culture shock, visited Shanghai in 2011 and saw the kids myself. Obviously can’t post the pics here but one can Google it toddlers there poop everywhere in public and underwear is made crotchless.

It’s already been determined it isn’t “made in a lab”.

Cue vague response with dark overtones.

1 Like

Deep State did that “determination”.

Still haven’t heard a response yet on what should happen if it happens again through the wet markets?

Not trying to sound like a drama queen :princess: but those who followed my story not only was I infected but so was my fiancé, two neighbors that are friends of ours as well as one of their children. We all pulled through with mild symptoms and everybody on this forum was awesome but still it hit me the other day after reading the article that the wet markets are up and going again as if nothing happened. Made me ponder what can be done or is this just the new normal.

I pray no one here or their family is infected with the virus, stay strong.

…and determined the source isn’t sold in the wet market.

Apparently it’s determined that the source was US military personnel. :roll_eyes: China made that determination. They should know. :roll_eyes:

I think that following the pandemic there should be a non partisan task force that reviews what was done and recommend a plan for future events. Possibly something similar to a SIOP plan, but for pandemics.

3 Likes

What the ■■■■ did we spend hundreds of billions of dollars on for “Homeland Security” in the 2000s?

First…the current pandemic should be fully studied to know it’s source, how it spread, what was done to contain it, what worked, what failed and how it could be beaten going forward? IMO…the world won’t get far enough in the examination because as the truth is revealed, the Chinese government will be determined to be an evil empire and the WHO to be a current accomplice.

Here is the current developments in an article from Sky News, an Australian media source.

1 Like

Saying what we should do to prevent the next virus requires that we understand the source of the current virus.

My opinion is that the alleged wet-market source for the virus is nothing more than an urban legend. The most likely source of the virus is from a Wuhan lab doing gain-of-function research related to combining features of two natural coronaviruses.

Prevention of future epidemics require international regulations on this kind of dangerous research. Here are possible steps:

1. Eliminate this kind of research if possible.
  2. Require any remaining research to be done only in labs located in isolated areas far from major cities with international inspections to confirm safety.
  3. Countries who fail to meet these requirements should have a continuous quarantine with rest of the world. Travelers leaving the county or travelling through the country would be required to quarantine for two weeks.

The US could implement these requirements even without an international agreement by making agreeing to these requirements a condition of entry to the US without a quarantine.

A list of links supporting my conclusions appear below.

This link documents the long history of dangerous diseases that have been accidentally released from labs:

This link shows that the Wuhan wet market is not the source of the virus:

This recent paper shows that the COVID-19 virus appears to be a chimera of two coronaviruses from unrelated species. About 96% of the COVID-19 virus came from a bat virus, while a new feature that allows the virus to infect humans came from pangolins, which are scaly mammals that look something like an armadillo. While chimeras can occur naturally, a lab origin is much more likely since there is no evidence of natural transmission of the virus between bats and pangolins.

This article describes the dangers of recent research involving lab-created chimeras using a bat coronavirus:
https://www.nature.com/news/engineered-bat-virus-stirs-debate-over-risky-research-1.18787

Note that one of the co-authors for the chimera research referenced in the Nature article is:
Xing-Yi Ge
Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China

We should put on our big boy pants, stop looking for other people to blame so we can ignore our own nation’s short comings, and start working on the issues we can, like our nation’s fixation at making rapid short-term financial gains while ignoring the long term consequences that come with them.

Can we examine our own response, and will we include the response of all nations, in this after action review?

Or will we simply “stop at China” as your post suggested?

Amazing how many people are mad at China for not opening up sooner or being aggressive fighting this sooner, but are willing to give us and other nations a pass for essentially doing the same thing.

China deserves to be held accountable for what they did.

Any after action review that stops at China will be a horrendous failure.

It will mean we have learned absolutely nothing…at great cost.

2 Likes