What’s for Dinner?

I love sushi/sashimi :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And Sake … warm. :wink:

1 Like

Ive had it once…at one of those hibachi joints where they cook in front of you…Tasted like lighter fluid…lol. Im going to go out on a limb and say it wasn’t high end hooch.

Well, now I’m gonna have an encore. lol

1 Like

Oh my gosh, yes! Yes and yes!

1 Like

LOL, some of it can taste like lighter fluid. Some is very aromatic and smooth.

Yeah, but top shelf lighter fluid. :wink:

I love those hibachi places … I always keep my vial of sake on the cooking surface to keep it warm. Cold sake is nasty.

And I’m no light weight either. I have a couple shots as soon as I walk in the the door every day after work…:tumbler_glass:, for starters…Fireball…“Made yesterday”… nothing but the best for me…lol. Love some good rot gut…:grin:

Doing a little experimentation. Browned about 1/4 ground beef, then strained it. Added onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, chili powder, a little cumin, water & about 1/4 cup tomato sauce. Doh :confounded: forgot the can of dark red kidney beans in the post, rinse & add after tomato sauce.

The rice is soaked for about 20 minutes, then strained & cooked with twice the water to the amount of rice & flavored with olive oil, salt & flavored/colored with turmeric.

1 Like

Keepin’ it simple…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have a motto … “Life is too short to drink cheap whiskey.”. :wink:

Quite frankly, that goes for all booze whether it be whiskey, beer or wine (although some cheap wine can be surprisingly good.) Fireball is one of the worst whiskey experiences I ever had … the worst is Jim Beam Red Stag.

2 Likes

Epic bowl of ramen is epic.

2 Likes

Mystery meat tacos in little Mexican villages, some that didn’t even have electricity. You couldn’t tell what the meat was and I never asked lol.

2 Likes

With enough pepper, who cares? :wink:

1 Like

Is that a frog? :rofl:

:wink:

Hungarian Goulash

I add cayenne pepper, chili seasoning and red wine to this recipe. Serve over elbow noodles. Pumpernickel bread for dipping.

2 Likes

They were pretty good at three for a dollar. Cheap for me and good money for them.

1 Like

I hate you. :rage:

BTW, I plan to make this soon. :wink:

1 Like

French Dip

Grape Leaves

2 Likes

It’s certainly got some Seoul to it! :wink: There’s some epic spicy beef broth in there, but I made it with straight saké and it reduced down real thiccc.

It was to celebrate the end of my weight loss goals (35 lbs in 3 months without ever having restricted a single calorie or changed my daily routine). I woke up at 191.8 that morning, and if I lose any more I’ll have to buy new clothes again. lol