What makes libs tick?

Good. That’s a start! Everybody else is “other.”

America First, remember that

1 Like

Loyalty to family shouldn’t be absolute. Sometimes family members can be terrible people.

Family differences can be irreconcilable. Which can suck and be painful, but it happens.

Got it, But I’m not talking about America.

Ha, well, no need to make “others” out of everybody else. But I tend to subscribe to:

“Fredo, you’re my brother, and I love you. But don’t ever take sides against the family again.
Ever.”

I will agree with this. I’m definitely being over the top.

Well, to be fair, tribes are not limited to families. But while we’re at it, you’re right. Families can be dysfunctional. And states and nations can also be dysfunctional. I would argue that most of them are. States are not too different from people. They are a reflection of people,.

As you guys probably figured out by now…this has been bothering me since Thanksgiving.

I left the state in early Nov for Ohio to help out and visit other family members for about 6 months. It seems when I left this individual needed a new enemy.

As I said…I viewed it as badge of honor but when this started to effect other family members…you all can guess why I’m frustrated with this individual. What make people like this tick? Why the need to hate? Specially at a time during holiday season.

Yes I’m extremely political, yes I like kicking libs when they’re down. But when ■■■■ hits the fan I’m there.

1 Like

What else do they have to run on? They used to be the party of the working man and it was republicans that was the big business party who were on the side of outsourcing-insourcing. Now it’s the left who has snoozed up to big tech pushing identity issues.

The democrats have been rapidly losing the working man vote as they shifted from class issues to identify politics. The big test will be the midterms if they lose big will they shift towards the center or double down.

2 Likes

Not to worry young grasshopper. That’s the way people are. My advice, don’t talk about politics. That has saved me a lot of grief.

1 Like

No you can hold opposite views of mine and still think critically. I just find that a large majority of conservatives either lack critical thinking or have the ability but turn it off to Win political points.

On this forum I find that most conservatives use anecdotes to attempt to prove an issue is widespread. The whole “it’s raining at my house so it must be everywhere”.

They tend to reject studies that look at macro data, in favor of what is going on in their own back yard. That’s not to say their experiences are invalid… but it’s doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a wide spread issue impacting everything.

Another example… there are 131k K-12 schools. Conservatives would have you believe that most schools are teaching CRT… when in reality it’s zero. And even if you wanted to use the conservative distortion of CRT… there has maybe been 5-10 schools who they have alleged teach CRT. That’s .0000000001% (probably too many zeros).

Same with voter fraud… millions of ballots… even if 100 were fraudulent… well you get the point.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you are going through a rough time with family right now. As someone who comes from a dysfunctional family, I know how rough it can be. Family splits are absolutely painful on everyone.

Some people take everything personally, even politics. So when political beliefs are attacked, they feel they are being attacked personally.

I hope things get better for your family, and people can be reunited.

:rofl: That’s a good one. Crit and critical thinking are two completely different things.

Stick to the story!

4 Likes

Speaking from experiences…turning off critical thinking skills to win an argument?

As for so-called macro studies…IMO I find those studies to be one of most narrow minded thinkers of em all. But that;s just my opinion. :wink:

1 Like

As this individual lectures us about critical thinking. :rofl:

1 Like

Exhibit A

I don’t think libs generally are any more hateful than cons - but SJWs are very hateful

1 Like

I couldn’t agree with this more. I have strong positions on both sides of the aisle. Voted for Trump because I couldn’t stand Hillary. Then I voted for Biden because I couldn’t stand Trump, but I have huge Trump supporters in my family who I would defend with my life!!

2 Likes

Wax, oil and pigment.

1 Like

Well voting for Biden may have been a mistake. How is he and his handlers working out for ya?

Trump had faults but he made the right decisions and placed America first. I rolled my eyes at some of the ■■■■ he started. But I believe we were much better off.

I hope DeSantos will be the next Commander in Chief and Trump decides to sit it out. I do like the Orange Man and would work for him anytime, not as President.

1 Like