What liability will there be for transgender treatments on minors?

That post wasn’t up when I commented. Some of those parents deserved to have their children taken, and as a parent I don’t say that lightly, but certainly not all of them. This sounds like something that should go all the way to SCOTUS as the general subject of parental rights and where they end has been brewing for some time now. I think in the long run it will get straightened out, not that that does much good for the present.

That does change things a bit, but an unjust law is an unjust law. Parents forcing their kids into conversion therapy may be subject to losing parental rights as well, wonder if the thought of that……………

Their society has decided a 12 year-old can give consent for elective medical treatment?

The question from the OP is what sort of liability should professionals, such as Dr. Olson-Kennedy, have when patients later decide that transgendering treatments were a mistake?

Sex reassignment surgery is the most extreme treatment, but others have risks as well. For example, female hormones used in some treatments have been shown to increase risk of cancer, heart disease, and other problems in menopausal women:

Who pays for the long-term damages from government-mandated transgendering treatments?

Their society has decided a 12 year-old from a broken home can give consent for elective medical treatment?

That is astounding to me.

1 Like

Yes, at least for transgendering. Abortions are another case where minors don’t need their parents’ permission.

Of course really important medical decisions like getting your ears pierced require parental consent.

1 Like

What a garbage society.

1 Like

Yep, if you take your confused son to the wrong doctor, he may come back as a she. No parental consent required.

Wrong. Nothing in your article states anything of the sort

1 Like

Nope, the law allows 12 year olds in Foster Care to seek counseling.
.WW, PHS

This is child abuse.

A sorrowful degradation in allowing kids to just be kids.

I’m guessing that this means that the government will be fully funding cancer treatment for children too?

It’s a sick and twisted law.

Please see the quote from Dr. Olson-Kennedy in post 18 from the link in post 16. The doctor claims to work with parents, but she admits that she will get the courts to order transgendering treatments if parents don’t agree.

What is next? Will child protective services come for the other kids in the same family?

Is failure to agree to government-mandated treatments evidence of an “abusive” home environment?

Can you cite even a single case where that actually happened? Im betting not

Sometimes.

That’s the ideal situation even without transgender stuff involved.

Most likely yes. California tax dollars at work!

Here is one example:

Realize that fighting the state in court is difficult and expensive, and the laws are rapidly evolving. There may be many more cases that have not made into the courts.

1 Like