What is wrong with this SCOTUS ruling on the "rights of private property owners"?

VERY often actually. Most of the major civil rights and civil liberties cases of the 1950’s and 1960’s under the Warren Court directly overturned previous precedent.

Starting in 1937, the Supreme Court overturned virtually its entire commerce clause jurisprudence under threat of court packing, i.e. “the switch in time that saved nine.” Overturning precedent is nothing new at all.

What, can’t think for yourself?

Note: Reflect on how many times you’ve uses a variation on this line.

If that’s the case then clearly the title (Conservative U.S. justices draw criticism by overruling precedent again) of the article I linked is actually misleading.

I remember in an NPR discussion of the SC that it had overruled precedent over 100 times.

Society has a tendency to elevate certain groups of people and often forgets that they are just human beings no better than the rest of us with emotions, feelings, predispositions, etc.

In a complex society, we need mechanisms to resolve conflict.

Probably has to do with the fact people visit cemeteries to honor loved ones who have died.

I don’t see how this “shores up property rights”.

I don’t know if this has to do with the Takings Clause, but if it involves “regulatory takings”, then the ruling is BS.

When I was kid I use to mow the greens around old cemetery, the newest headstone was dated 1864. The owner had sign that said as Safiel pointed out daylight hours only. I’ve never seen anyone ever visiting those graves during my entire years growing up. But the own every Christmas put small reefs on there graves.

It’s still there after 40 years, signs still says daylight hours only. Whether it is maintain I do not know.

IMO Sacred grounds are still Sacred grounds regardless who owns them.

It was 1864 not 84.

Went on line to see if I could fine it.

CEM47171969_125442600983

Someone is still putting up flags.

But again that’s the area I grow up around.

Indeed. People seems to forget and magnitude of Warren Court had done in overturning previous rulings.

Libs are now afraid that new court will do what Warren Court had done.

That looks a lot like the one by my uncle’s house lol.

On a small hill overlooking the valley and river?

No river, kind of a larger hill. Kent, NY.

There are hills in Kent, NY?

I always thought they were mole hills. Have to go to Adirondacks to see hills. :sunglasses:

Check out the geography tab a ways down the page.

I’m familiar with area.

Living in Fla where the highest hill is a bridge. :wink:

The only issue I would have is if the property owner tried to remove the grave without public approval, I don’t have an issue with small family cemeteries on private land being closed.

I believe there is a mountain range between Orlando and Clermont. :smile:

LOL The new Skyway bridge in Tampa is about 100 feet higher then highest point in Fla.

Or about 30/32 floors up.