What Is The WH Up To Now?

It seems that this administration wants to bury science. I listened to two former CDC administrators who said that to their knowledge no administration has interfered with their message before.
At least this administration can not silence the doctors and nurses that are working hard at the medical centers that are being hit the hardest.
It is going to be interesting to watch how this whole thing is going to slam Trump and his administration.
He wants to wish it away. Sorry dude.

Control the numbers…control the narrative. That is all.

10 Likes

Trump is lying and people are dying.

4 Likes

A week ago Rachael Maddow said that to get the real skinny you need to look at the local newscasts in the cities hardest hit. Like I said, this administration is not going to be able to shut up the doctors and nurses out their doing their best to beat this thing. To control the narrative and not pay attention to the science is going to smack them in the face big time. And they deserve it.

Trump wants to be the bigliest Big Brother in the history of probably ever.

1 Like

“Think of this, if we didn’t do testing, instead of testing over 40 million people, if we did half the testing we would have half the cases,” Trump said at a press conference at the White House. “If we did another, you cut that in half, we would have, yet again, half of that. But the headlines are always testing.”

Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is your president.

1 Like

Has any POTUS pardoned themselves at the end of their time in power? Because you know Trump will.

Only to protect himself from very mean and very unfair people. He’s obviously innocent of any wrongdoing, of course.

Yes, thanks K1.

Shameful episode in the US.

2 Likes

No. The only time that a president was pardoned was Nixon that that was done by then President Ford.
Which I think was a deal that Nixon thought up. And it is not clear that Trump could do that to himself.
And even it he did, it would only be for federal crimes. And I will bet dollars to dog nuts that the NYAG is working on cases against him.

He’s one hell of a wartime President isn’t he?

He has blood on his hands for downplaying the virus leading to untold numbers of people who don’t take precautions seriously enough.

I remember the good old days when we only talked about one guy getting shot in the middle of 5th Avenue.

1 Like

He had his shot. And I am sure that there were a lot of his staff to take it.
Other countries are looking at us amazed.
We were a world leader.
Now we have a leader who can only blame anyone else.
Trump wants to put this all on the Governors.
He is going to lose so bad in November. I am starting to think the greatest landslide in our history.

1 Like

Nothing short of an epic landslide will make me happy. With less I’ll be relieved but not happy.
Trumpism needs to be totally annihilated.

1 Like

I sincerely hope you’re right.

If you had read the article you’d know the answer to your question.

According to HHS, the goal is to streamline data collection, which will be used to inform decisions at the federal level such as allocation of supplies, treatments and other resources.

CDC has not been cut out of the loop, they still have access to all the data, this simply streamlines the reporting.

1 Like

In what way does bypassing the premier infectious disease tracking system in the nation streamline data collection?

3 Likes

They haven’t been “bypassed” they have complete access to the data it’s just going directly to the top of the chain.

Look at an organizational chart, where does the CDC lie relative to HHS?

“Premier Infectious Disease Tracking System”?

You people have been complaining about the CDC’s handling of this outbreak since early April.

1 Like

Honestly, we were expecting some major pendulum swinging if Trump actually managed to get elected. I do have to admit though - as bad as I thought things could get, they far exceeded even my imagination. The ensuing reaction is going to be bad - very bad

4 Likes

Similarly, people are dying because Trump is lying.

I love how journalists frame things to always make the President look bad and feed their sheople that orange man is still baaa, baaa, baaad. This very thread…is another perfect example. :sunglasses: :+1: