What is the trend?

Liking a post has not been deemed a violation. You are taking what I said and trying to add 90% to it.

Do you understand “called out”?

The old testament isn’t specific to Christianity either. Nor are the terms “lord and savior”.

They are merely critiques on the way people rationalize behavior in a leader, the same way MODS call others deranged.

It’s a ctitique of worshipping a leader.

Or in the TDS case, “hating” or being obsessed with one

Well these hints are coming from a mod so I feel the need for clarity in this matter.

Are these hints in lieu of flags?

I don’t flag when there are attacks on me because I really don’t care that much and would rather let posts stand and simply disengage … but that is my prerogative.

I am uncertain of this meaning of pointing out a “trend” because of the subjective nature of it.

Do with it as you will.

Not religious right. All religion. Nobody is going to do it to anybody. Including atheists, it is still a belief system.

You can. What you will not do is target a specific member with it over and over and gang up.

You bring up a good point.

If I bring up a point using religion, have I opened the door?

Yes.

Don’t harp on it and don’t gang up.

Agreed. Hence the reason you got a hint and not a sanction. Add Corinthians and you have the line.

This is not a debate forum. Address your posts to staff, me for now, not to each other please.

I have spread the “lord and savior” critique quite broadly. Sorry I don’t keep an accounting on each individual poster.

Maybe your what “seems” isn’t actually what’s going on.

As I said, no problem.

In lieu of a flag? No. We have no control over what is flagged, only how they are handled. In lieu of deleting the post and locking you out? Most definitely. In lieu of an official mod warning? Yes.

Yes, it is your prerogative.

The meaning is because of the subjective nature of it in part. Mostly because it needs to stop regardless of the intent.

There is another trend that deserves attention, though by now it may be more of a fixture of this place. Taking a poster’s comments out of context in order to accuse them of having the worst possible evil hate filled destructive motives imaginable. It’s disgusting.

1 Like

And maybe that’s why you got a hint instead of a sanction. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Please PM me an example of what you’re talking about.

Why?

Again.

Are we all good? Clear?

If we are, how about a like on this post. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Because I think many Trump supporters have elevated him into a near God like status, a person who can do no wrong, is the only hope and is always correct. Thus the “lord and savior” critique

Not really. The religion thing. For eight years we were told we all had Obama altars in our homes where we worshipped Obamessiah. But now suddenly people are po’d about pointing out their own worshipping habits?

“Near”. And what impact do you think that has on a person of faith?

“Trump is your lord and savior!”

“Trump is not lord and savior.”

Which one is personal?

I’m not po’d. Did I say you can’t say someone has a Trump altar in their home? Did I say you can’t say someone worships Trump?

What did I say?

Would you tell a Muslim Trump supporter, “Trump is your Allah”?

1 Like

I got a like from Lucy! (Called Out)

Now @Lucy , if you tell someone they’ve got a Trump alter in their house, then someone else comes along and quotes your post and the 1st Commandment and I come along and like your post, what are we doing together, who gets the hint?

Oh and someone else comes along and accuses him of idolatry.

It actually was a genuine question. I was not trying to add anything.

You answered my question.

1 Like