What is the difference between a bailout and aid?

Lib ideas. They need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. If they fail, it’s because they didn’t prepare enough.

1 Like

We’re asking the workers to do the same thing.

So why are we only giving them a pittance of a one time payment as opposed to a reasonably steady income as long as we are asking them to sacrifice?

1 Like

Because the dems would nix that two.The plan was to offer two payments, along with unemployment to help them through the crisis.

No they wouldn’t nix regular payments to workers.

What they’re upset with was tying payments to income tax, lax rules that really do nothing to prevent bailed out companies from trying to prop up their stock prices with buyback, and pretty much no rules to prevent them from laying off people without any consequence.

The GOP Senate plan was both morally wrong (workers are soldiers in this fight…not paying soldiers is wrong) and economically stupid (if workers have no money when this all ends, how on earth do they expect the economy to be jump started again?)

I would rather see people to return to their jobs as well. But what is your prescription for that to happen during this pandemic? At present, the United States does not have adequate supplies of test kits, respirators or protective gear (like masks) to handle the current load of Corona Virus cases.

If everyone went back to work, how should we address the likely increase in cases?

Or are you saying, let’s sacrifice some portion of the population to save the rest from the horror of receiving temporary assistance?

Making things up I see

They certainly would if it looked like it would help Trump. There is no doubt about that.

Did I disappoint you again? My heart is broken. :rofl:

This is your problem…,you can’t break out of this mindset.

They didn’t nix this to hurt Trump…in fact in words Trump is more aligned with them than the GOP.

This is like the 4th or 5th time in a row that I have disappointed you. I’m starting to get worried. :open_mouth:

Pay workers by enhancing their unemployment.

Pay small business owners who aren’t eligible for unemployment.

Do a real countrywide lockdown for 5-7 weeks to hammer the infection rate down. Large firms shouldn’t need a bailout to last seven weeks.

It’s really that simple…and this plan is the most cost effective.

Anything else prolongs the period where infections are at their peak and costs more money.

Some of those out of work people can be trained to be on contact tracing teams to help the lockdown be more effective.

1 Like

Or maybe this is really on the airlines and they should’ve been operating with reserves.

Some of it certainly is on them. But they were doing fine before the virus. Tens of thousands of jobs are now at stake.