What is a "forever first lady"?

She probably meant forever angry first lady.

Eleanor Roosevelt, Barbara Bush, and maybe Jackie O. are forever first ladies.

Hillary, maybe. (Her own woman now or broke-the-mold forever first lady, I’ll let you decide.)

Is Michelle Obama a forever first lady?
Certainly not yet. For the moment, the media are so busy hyperventilating over every twitch of Donald Trump’s eyebrows that there is no oxygen left in the room for Michelle Obama.

We address only the current FL as “First Lady” we address former FL’s as 'Former First lady", same with presidents.

Sounds like someone needs to check their privilege.

Maybe she is speaking of the deep state government that her husband is still running to take down Trump?

A “forever First Lady” is a phrase spoken by women who are too full of themselves.

Seriously, I think Michelle came to enjoy the international attention she received as the First Lady, and wants to hold on to it.

Delusions of grandeur.

Nope.

White chick.

Yes. That’s normal.

She is apparently doing some sort of work with disadvantaged kids. It’s mostly nonpolitical so I don’t think she would ruffle any feathers.

Still the media is so Trump-focused she could walk down the street naked and the major coverage would be about Donald Trump’s reaction.

Some of you guys hate Michelle Obama so much. It’s so weird. She is about as decent as you could want a person to be. The same people running cover for this nightmare buffoon in the white house are on here discussing why she used the word ‘forever’. OMG.

2 Likes

She doesn’t have to try to “hold onto it.” She is respected and admired around the world. trump, on the other hand…

Oh, you think what she meant was that people will always see her out in public, they will always remember her as a former First Lady. If so, I can agree with that.

This isn’t that hard. As First Lady she worked hard to make a difference in the lives of those where she could. She’s saying that she’s going to continue that work.

Someone has way too much time on his hands, seriously!

News flash: FLOTUS status ends when the Commander in Chief leaves office. After two terms, he’s no longer elible for it.

And I don’t know about you guys, but I’m sick of the term “forever”. I feel the glucose rise when I see ads like “Foster cat mom looking for forever home for her special needs, two legged tabby.”

Enough already!

1 Like

Rosalyn Carter and her husband have worked on behalf of everyone from the mentally ill to homeless, the latter through Habitat for Humanity, a fine group.

Neither is calling themselves the forever President of forever First Lady.

Seriously, who cares? This is the biggest nothingburger so far on this forum. It literally doesn’t matter, and it’s only even an issue because right-wingers have justified to themselves spending the better part of the last decade attacking this woman. Enough already!

What she said literally has no effect on you or your life, or anyone else here, but there MUST me some ulterior motive!

No. Former presidents are addressed Mr President

I agree regarding First Lady though. I have never heard that

This ^ 100%.

Only in the most fevered of right wing fantasies does this turn into some sort of power grab or act of arrogance. Crazy!

1 Like