What if fossil fuel was cut off during a polar vortex?

Sounds like you’re just making it up as you go along.

No…we’ll never “run out” of oil.

It will simply one day cost more to extract than it’s worth.

And no we do not have 400 more years of oil because of fracking. Guarantee you there is a flawed assumption at the heart that “estimate”.

http://www.meguiar.addr.com/end_times/united_states_oil.htm

THE UNITED STATES HAS ENOUGH OIL TO LAST 400 YEARS!!!

Did you really just link to “The End Times Editorials” and expect it to be taken seriously?

1 Like

“AAA: Cold weather can cut electric car range over 40 percent”

Poorly informed people could die in really cold weather, if they don’t know this.

So, the ICEngine is not going any where soon…

Also, cars that say “zero emissions” on them are false advertising…

I guess you don’t know how to check sources…

The article doesn’t provide any linkable sources and I’m not about to start googling to fact check a random blogger who believes we are experiencing the end of the world. If a better source than the crazy person on the corner existed you would of used it

Yes, and Google does not make the subject easy to research. On purpose I bet. But here’s and nice source that says we have 79 years of oil just in the US alone…

https://www.rystadenergy.com/newsevents/news/press-releases/united-states-recoverable-oil/

"The United States has again surpassed Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest holder of recoverable oil, according to research and data expert Rystad Energy. The US has added close to 50 billion barrels over the last year and now holds an estimated 310 billion barrels of recoverable oil with current technologies, equal to 79 years of US oil production at present output levels.

Then there are he rest of the oil producing countries…

Indeed? Do tell.

Make us all poorer by making energy expensive.

Why haven’t you done it on your own already if it’s so fantastic?

Where is your windmill and solar cells?

Natural Gas also produces carbon dioxide when burned…the ‘green new deal’ will end that too.

Try again.

Because nobody ever thought of having other sources of energy for when the sun doesn’t shine and the wind doesn’t blow. Nope, nobody ever thought of that……………….

Unless you’re planning to use nuclear power, it’s not carbon neutral, and you can’t use it under the tenants of the ‘green new deal’.

Are you now embracing nuclear power?

Wait until the find out how much the price of electricity is going to explode when everyone is constantly charging their car batteries…heads will explode.

I’ve never been against nuclear power. We need to start recycling nuclear waste, there is enough to power the entire country for a century.

Here’s the text…straight from AOC (courtesy of Vox Media).

Here’s the pertinent part for you:

…to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions through a fair and just transition for all communities and workers…

There is even more here as well

…meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources, including…

Yep, sounds exactly like they plan to ban fossil fuels to me. And then some.

Natural gas is a petroleum produce, methane produced through bacterial digestion is not and it cannot begin to replace NG as a fuel source on anything resembling a large scale.

It can’t even be used under the ‘green new deal’…too funny how the libs are tripping all over themselves when the writing is pretty clear to me.

Clean, zero emission, renewable…how does methane meet that requirement?

Did you detect the flaw in the calculation?

Hint…”at present levels of output”.

Is oil consumption per yer a constant?

Is oil production per year a constant?