What if fossil fuel was cut off during a polar vortex?

I turn on TV and Rachel Maddcow is ranting about what would happen if Putin attacked America in the middle of a polar vortex and cut off the natural gas and other fossil fuel supplies to the effective region? I guess she just needed some why to bring up Putin and cold. I can see no possibility of that happening.

However a “green new deal” which outlaws fossil fuel would be much more likely to kill thousands in a polar vortex if all they could use for energy was electricity produced by wind and solar. Because power lines go down and there just not enough energy in the winter produced by green sources to meet the needs.

" [Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Plan to Get the US Off Fossil Fuels Is Gaining Steam]

“The tenets of the deal are to transition to 100 percent renewable energy while ensuring a just transition for those employed in the fossil fuel industry and a green jobs guarantee.”

A green new deal doesn’t outlaw fossil fuels.

3 Likes

Did you read the proposed green new deal before posting this?

No one is getting rid of natural gas.

“The tenets of the deal are to transition to 100 percent renewable energy while ensuring a just transition for those employed in the fossil fuel industry and a green jobs guarantee.”

Did you think that was going to occur next week?

Where is the plan?

That sounds like a fantastic plan.

We should do that.

Natural gas can be renewable.

It’s amazing how frightened the Trumplicans are of AOC.

2 Likes

Are you really under the impression that electrical infrastructure has to be above-ground or that wires are less reliable than pipes?

I am simply amazed that you happened to turn your TV on and by luck plug right into a Rachel Maddow show. hahahahahhaa

5 Likes

Hush. You’re destroying his fantasy.

1 Like

I seriously suspect Cratic believes in the old Russian hypothesis that traditional fossil fuels are renewable…the abiotic oil hypothesis.

For what…?

The green new deal. The entire premise of the thread which you’re referring to.

I want to see where it outlaws fossil fuels.

Can you show me?

I’m sure you believed that we’d run out of oil by now, or soon. That’s what they said in the 80’s etc…

But, oh look we have another 400 years of oil alone thanks to fracking.

You watch too much TV.

We all know the goals of the left…

1 Like

As early as 1870 the predictions of oil running dry were beginning.

Yet here we are. Lots of oil and no reason to scare the kids.

http://www.oil150.com/about-oil/early-crude-oil-production/

AOC must prefer starvation to oil use. She should kiss the feet of the oil industry for feeding so many people for so many decades.