What happens when someone's post is deleted?

A few days ago I posted in the Politics folder a thread where I wanted us to parse Trump’s actual words in his address to the African American history delegates to the White House.

Came back a couple hours later and I couldn’t find the thread.

Looked at my “Recent posts” and didn’t see it there, either.

It used to be, I thought, that if you clicked on a thread title and it was no longer there, it would say “This thread has been removed.” But the title of the post was always there.

So if a thread starter is deleted, does it just disappear from one’s record of posts also, or did I have a senior moment and not actually post the thing?

The new software doesn’t show posts or threads that are deleted.

Okay…

So if I decide what happened is I had a senior momen,t and rewrite and post an OP on something I thought I had posted earlie,r which I can no longer find - which it turns out had been deleted by a mod (though for this particular post I can’t think why) will I get into trouble if I repost it innocently?

I’ve had about 5 flagged posts of mine removed this week and was able to see the post that was deleted.

Example:
“Not true. This is Trump’s stock rally”

This for whatever got removed by an admin, I got notified and could see it.

1 Like

Another one of mine that got flagged and removed with a notification and ability for me to see

“Paying our teachers solid middle class wages will be the end of America!!”

Ah…so if a post of mine was removed, I would get notified.

Okay…I was hoping I hadn’t had a senior moment, but I guess I did!

If possible i would like clarity why those got removed? What if I put them in meme form? :upside_down_face:

Not sure. Sometimes I get notified sonetimes not.

Off topic, trolling comments that aren’t conducive to debate are deleted.