What Happened to Voltaire’s Saying?

Hey, if they don’t care about the items they handle making it to their destination in reasonable condition, they can think about what sort of job they WOULD care about while applying for Unemployment.

Seriously, what job doesn’t have some boring component to it that nobody likes, but it must get done?

Jobs are supposed to be entertaining now in addition to food on the table & some fringe benefits?

As has been pointed out by another poster, no merchant is required to carry something they consider that objectionable.

Nope, we don’t carry, or aren’t distributors of Blackout. Or The Death of the West. Or Mein Kampf.

But if they are distributors for a manufacturer, or artist or author, it is reasonable to expect what’s distributed gets where it’s going in reasonably good condition.

Whether by accident or malice, it looks like Amazon will be resending a lot of copies of that book.

1 Like

[quote=“Jezcoe, post:19, topic:235559”]
I agree with her that people buying her book and getting a damaged version is unacceptable.

To claim that it is some sort of coordinated effort to harm her and her fans somehow is a special sort of grift that makes no sense.
[/quote].

People deserve an undamaged book.

Allan

1 Like

Remember we only have Candace Owens word that 1,000 books were damaged.

I suspect she did have some people complaining that the book was damaged and now she is using this to get some free publicity.

I know who she is but had no idea she had a book coming out until this thread.

This is zero upside to Amazon damaging books.

I said none of that.

I saw two complaints about the book arriving dirty in 10 pages of reviews.

1 Like

How did you get this out of what Lucy wrote?

Hey if anyone wants the book it’s $2.25 on eBay.

1 Like

And yet 1000 people supposedly personally emailed Candace about supposed damaged books when all they had to do was use Amazon’s very simple method of getting their damaged items replaced.

Sounds legit.

“You think people working a boring job in a warehouse…care about any one particular item they handle?”

If they don’t care about merchandise getting to customers who paid for it in reasonably good condition, they need to think about what MAKES them care & pursue that instead.

If it’s that boring, it’s time to at least give some thought to what may not be & pursue that instead.

She meant “do you think they would care enough to sabotage the books”.

Which is what this thread was about.

The folks that work in the warehouses are way too busy to concern themselves with Candace Owens’ books so as to conspire to damage them.

1 Like

sounds more like fake news to drum up free advertising…

1 Like

people claiming their books are defaced are liars?

Alcohol evaporates very quickly. It’s smell would be gone long before the book reaches its destination.

And rather arrogant for her to think her book, of all books, is being targeted by Amazon employees.

1 Like

That part makes me laugh.

1 Like

Having done my share of online shopping recently, I’ve yet to encounter receiving something broken or defaced. The one time Amazon had to replace something this was about 5 years ago & the problem was more likely with UPS.

That’s what makes this story all the more odd. Why now and why with that particular book?

Regardless of how one feels about Candace Owens or conservatives or Amazon, if someone agrees to he a distributor for anything from a biography of Michelle Obama to Blackout to the King James Bible, it isn’t unreasonable for purchasers to expect a clean, intact copy of what they ordered.