What happened to the "weed is legal in over half the states" thread?

I included synopsis/commentary to the link and discussion was happening.

How is it gone without explanation ?

I didn’t see anything wrong. I came back in to see if there were new posts, and…gone.

Someone must be upset about the news :wink:

1 Like

There was a huge picture (not in a link preview window), I didn’t see any links, and one line of text above the picture. When I see that, I delete the posts, and it killed the thread.

May I suggest that when these issues come up that you give the OP a reasonable amount of time (at least an hour or so) to make changes? It would keep the discussion of having a reasonable chance of staying around. .

4 Likes

Yes, there was a link underneath the picture, this one:

Yeah it’s wholly unhelpful to simply delete and let everyone wonder what happened especially w/ an active thread

I scroll wheeled twice and didn’t get past the picture :smiley:

It got weeded out.

2 Likes

Unfortunatly this software doesn’t leave the thread with the reason a thread was deleted like the old software. no way of changing that.

The picture honestly didn’t look big on my browser, otherwise i wouldn’t have included it.

How about just giving OP a heads up in a private message or a reply - make requested changes or it’s gone ?

1 Like

Have done so when I have time, and know I will be able to check back in an hour or so. If I know I won’t be back till much later or not sure when. It’s a delete on it.

Can you make a. Note of it in your mod section?seems like the simple solution is to either make a note or just let the thread stay if it has a decent flow to it. Message the OP and if its gonna be 8 hours later so what? People are talking…that’s what we want here…creates traffic.

Or they can find out through a pm to the mod staff what was wrong, and make a new thread that is comdliant with the rules.

They can re-make the thread, with a link that can be easily found, with sufficient commentary and synopsis. But you have been here long enough to know that Plasma.

Yet threads like this go on for months

1 Like

And I’ve been here long enough to see mods kill threads and conversation because " they have no time".

I’m sorry I dont believe that. It takes 5 seconds to text hello to someone. Everyone has time…everyone, and leaving a thread that’s active and not really breaking any major rules is not something to stress over.

Had their been a coh or com or any other massive tos like Insults or a troll fest…you would be totally correct in removing it.

This website creates an auto blurb from the story. This isnt 2004.

This is two threads this week that have been killed because you dont have time and twice people have come to you and asked you to please just tell them to adjust the OP and stop killing the conversation.

We arent asking you to become liberal and support Bernie Sanders here.

2 Likes

This isn’t a pot head convention.

No, it’s community feedback where people can, ostensibly, actually give their thoughts about the direction of this forum and how things could be improved.

OK…pot heads unite.