What does this even mean?

:slight_smile:
Apology humbly accepted.

1 Like

Thank you!

Trump is in trouble both politically and legally. He’s just gonna tweet a bunch of stuff from here on out.

I’d just ignore most of it.

1 Like

Still. The US doesn’t contribute 4.3% of our GDP to NATO.

That is what is fundamentally wrong with the assertion.

He’s confusing and combing different things in his rambling.

-The US has freely decided to spend 4.2-4.3% of GDP on defense spending.
-The 2014 Wales summit decided NATO countries should spend about 2% of GDP on defense. Some are, some aren’t.
-The entirety, or even majority of out defense spending does not go to NATO or protecting Europe. I don’t know where that statement comes from.
-European defense spending exceeded 50% during both World Wars. US defense spending never exceeded 40% during either.

2 Likes

Attacked again by who? Germany?

3 Likes

Well, Trump did say there was an invasion of illegal aliens.

1 Like

That’s a job for… Space Force!

1 Like

I think that the President thought that by trying to bully the European countries into spending more on their militaries it would mean that they would purchase US made arms… completely not knowing that they have their own arms manufacturers and if they are going to spend money that they would spend into their own economy and not ours.

It is willful ignorance.

There is nothing hard to understand about the tweet, unless one really really wants to pretend there is. They do.

1 Like

Then please break it down.

How does one explain the first sentence that is in complete opposition to the rest of the tweet?

And this isn’t even getting into the veracity of the complaint.

The first sentence is just saying that Europe needed the US to get them out of World Wars I and II successfully. That European armies alone were not able to do it.

None of that makes any sense.

1 Like

No, it’s genuine stupidity.

European armies were too weak to win WWII without American assistance. Even libs know this is true.

so the European Armies were to weak in WWI/WWI to defeat European Armies?

2 Likes

If Europe had invested more in their armies they wouldn’t have needed America to win those wars.

European armies did win WWI/II.

Because of America.