What does "Drain the Swamp" Mean?

You’re not privy to the news? Your response speaks volumes and only confirms thatbyou have no real interest in “draining the swamp” just politicans you dont agree with

You’re not privy to things that are redacted?

Redacted? What are you talking about? You’re seriously trying to say there is no proof whatsoever that life long conservatives in government are just as guilty of being “swamp creatures” as liberals? Your hypocrisy on this is astounding

I’m pointing out how much we both are not privy to.

OK.

And I agree with that too.

And Trump still has a long way to go on that. Dontchathink?

Whether or not the subject matter from the Times article you originally posted was actually corruption should be a different matter from “drain the swamp” given that you just described the NYT article is a separate matter from what Trump considers “the swamp”.

There’s no hypocrisy. I agree. The swamp creatures are on both sides of the fence but the ones doing the most hidden damage IMO, are those whose careers are in government.

Why dont you ever call out the conservative members for such?

Help me…who are we discussing now?

I’m with you on that.

But that’s not “the swamp” in the context of this administration’s lexicon. It doesn’t mean the administration is ignoring it. It just doesn’t fall under the topic of “swamp”.

As for the story from NYT, I discount such claims from them. Everything from them is skewed by their agenda (and in some ways, even an admitted agenda!), so I question the veracity of their assertions.

If the story is true, it’s an example of corruption that (as you note) comes from all sides and absolutely needs to be purged from our government. Sad to say, we haven’t seen the messiah who could do that in our lifetimes, and I doubt we will ever see that person before any of us dies.

On the GOP side, for sure.

Are there even enough actual conservative data points on our government to have a meaningful count?

Any conservative swamp creature will do. Not a single career government official you can think of?

“The news” is carefully distilled and choreographed to highlight certain narratives.

Hearing “the news” is not knowing the truth.

I don’t know any career government officials who are conservatives. Even more, those who are “professionals in sections of government that are to be above politics and serve “we the people” have chosen sides and take actions to promote their side.” (That’s sort of the working definition from Smyrna in post #7 that seems to be the working definition so far.) Surely there are plenty who are registered GOPs though. Is that who you are thinking of?

Yet you take it as the truth when conservative media talks about liberal politicians. Weird

I do?

Got anything more than your assertion on that?

They’re political offices. They cannot be “above politics” nor is it desirable for them to be.

I stand against this behavior…period. There must be an exchange of value, based on the attributes and performance of the recipient.

No more whining please. Obama was treated WAY more poorly than Trump by a factor of ten, easily.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::point_up:

Oh…then you agree with me that the ability to “compartmentalize” is bull feces?