What does civilian oversight mean?

At least he got someone who was killing Americans. If Biden had done that, there would not have been a problem.

Nukes move too fast. Maybe in the near future, you could rapidly convene congress remotely and take a snap vote, but not today.

This is the reason nuclear strikes, and their authorization resides solely in the executive. And that is the problem here. If the mad king orders a first strike, the only guard rails are the people within the system.

I remember it well: Qasem Soleimani

YES, it should be a court martial!

They need to bring Milley before Congress and have him say what happened under oath. Acting Sec of Def Miller, too. They disagree as to whether the January calls were authorized .
Also, was Milley actually taking unauthorized control of nuclear weapons or was he just going over pre existing procedures?
These are first of all a matter of fact finding.

If that were the case, it’s worse since that could incite the enemy to attack us! Anyway you want to slice it and whoever the sitting President is what Milley did was totally against the Military code of conduct and he knows it but he is emboldened to subvert his military oath because he is a political hack on the side of the criminal pols in DC so he is sure he can do whatever he wants with impunity.

1 Like

Making up stuff?

Oh yes. Killing real terrorists.

1 Like

We’ll need the legal definition of “treason”.

Am I?

Elected.

Mmmmmm. You really believe that was going on?

Some Conservatives have supported that for quite some time. They are called neocons.

A general pulling this stunt is not it. It’s not a coup, it’s not the end of democracy. It’s still wrong and trying to rationalize it is not good either

If someone pulled this under Obama because he was horrid at foreign policy or under Biden because of the mess in Afghanistan nobody should be defending it either. It’s wrong. Full stop.

And i have some pretty serious TDS at times.

I agree. What is it?

Insubordination.

Explain how please.

He could have inadvertently started a war telling China that they would have probably been on maximum alert and some mistake or perhaps a jet flying to close could have triggered a response.

This isn’t cool regardless of party affiliation. Biden’s a mental mess but I sure don’t think the answer to that is to have a general sending warnings to our advisories this is 100 times worse than what Flynn did.

1 Like

Commander in chief no matter what you think of him is the one who gets to make that decision. What to say to whom etc

Is overstepping boundaries synonymous with insubordination? I think so. And this fits the bill

Article 90?