What do you view as the reasons why the public masks mandates were ostensibly not very effective?

Interesting, given how many Americans want a nanny state to take care of them.

No, I won’t be told what to do. Especially not by a gooberment bureaucrat who puts his own best interest ahead of mine. Not to mention the hypocrisy.

1 Like

social distance.

problem solved.

1 Like

if you mandate a tax on tea, we will throw it in the ocean… such toddlers.

1 Like

It is not spread by touching or droplets (not that it is impossible to spread that way, but that is not how it was primarily spread). It is spread by aerosols and where most infections occurred it was due to lack of ventilation, allowing the aerosols to linger in the air. There are very very few cases of spread outdoors. There is a spectrum of risk and different factors that play into how much risk a particular situation has. In hindsight things like closing beaches and parks were unnecessary. So was deep cleaning and closing down a business to disinfect it if an employee had covid.

1 Like

Pretty much why we had to lock down :frowning:

1 Like

odd how leftist somehow blame the right for politicizing masks when it was they with their virtue signalling that is responsible.

throughout the pandemic the cdc guidance has been

FIRST, social distance
THEN, when not possible or practicable, mask.

it has never been, everyone mask every time you leave the house. that was an invention of the leftist masters. it has never been to mask outdoors all the time, unless you were in a large crowd masking outdoors was never a recommendation. that was an invention of the leftist masters. virtue signalling morphed into public policy and speaking the truth got you labelled an anti science conspiracy theorist,

4 Likes

except of course, we didn’t have to.

what do you do when you can’t social distance?

mask.

Social distancing alone is not enough

What makes indoor spaces so dangerous is that exhaled virus can accumulate and infect people who do not have direct contact with an infected person. A prime example happened a year ago during a St Patrick’s Day party at a bar in Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam. Twelve people became infected at the party, but only four had close contact with the infected person2. More recent outbreaks at gyms in Chicago, Illinois, and Hawaii have also occurred despite physical distancing of attendees3 and capacity limits on fitness classes4.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00810-9

coronovirus is NOT airborne. It is not an aerosol. it is droplet based. like all droplet based virus’, it is suspended in the air for as long as it takes for gravity to bring down the droplet its riding on. there are distinct and very simple definitions for these things. covid is definitively NOT an airborne virus.

I disagree.

Droplet size varies and the distribution of Covid droplet sizes include aerosols.

indoors, mask. the guidance did not change.

and you’ll excuse me if i have my doubts about studies where people report that they were socially distant and that is relied on as fact. especially in a bar or gym.

Didn’t have to. What I meant was that’s why we decided to. Well, not just we, pretty much the entire planet at one point.

the virus rides on droplets, it is not a droplet. covid is not an aerosol, its a virus that rides on droplets of spittle.

Again, disagree. Whoever mentioned toddlers is correct about one thing: in this country we have grown accustomed to being ruled.

1 Like

You have fallen behind in the latest. Here is an excerpt from the CDC.

What’s your source for that please?

You disagree that most of our planet made a decision to go into some form of lockdown around March/April of 2020 ?

The ruling class made the decision and so ordered. Not one of them missed a pay check.

1 Like

i have fallen behind nothing. coronovirus is NOT an aerosol, its a virus hitching a ride. further, if its hitching a ride on an aerosol particle, a mask is not going to stop you from breathing it in. cloth masks don’t stop aerosol particles.