What do You Think About a De Santis / Carol Swain Ticket instead of Trump?

I will just leave this here. Harvard

1 Like

The more love DeSantis gets, the more Trump resents him. Trump thinks that he’s solely responsible for DeSantis’s success, and he’s not really wrong. The moment Trump feels DeSantis is overshadowing him, he will throw him under the bus as fast as lightning. He’s a very very petty man.

3 Likes

Not about my estimate of DeSantis. He is Icarus. Icarus always burns.

The folks moving into Florida, escaping shut down states, would disagree with you.

I’d love for all of the mask advocates to move out of Florida into a state that better suits their values.

3 Likes

I like DeSantis as well. Never heard of Carol Swain.

DeSantis said he isn’t running in 2024. I’d hate to lose him as our governor but think he’d do a fantastic job for the country.

1 Like

I don’t think De Santis is a bad guy…but I do think that his COVID policies will be a drum to beat every day for democrats. Otherwise, I think he has done a good job in Florida, I just disagree with his policy on COVID. But that’s nothing new. I believe he has cost his state lives by being anti mask…Just like Cuomo cost lives by putting people into nursing homes to recover.

So smart he doesn’t understand the difference between shopping at Walmart for 30 minutes and being in school for 8 hours.

No, he’s a twit.

1 Like

Polls are accurate again! Who knew?

Except that biden will not be running in 2024.

Someone else besides him or Harris will carry the Democratic Party torch in 2024.

Allan

We are getting a lot of refugees from authoritarian states as well here in TN.

I see all sorts of out of state license plates these days.

The guy who is blowing his covid responses is Biden of course. Restricting access to life saving treatments such as antbodies and bringing in tens of thousands of infected illegals.

3 Likes

So, based upon the positive results wouldn’t it be wise to ramp up production rather than to restrict it? Is that not what a leader would do?

2 Likes

Vaccine: Free/subsidized, preventive, low cost, proactive.

MCA: Debilitatingly expensive, medically interventionist, high cost, reactive.

You think leadership is shown by taking the reactive, extremely expensive option, and one with individualized and diminishing returns?

I don’t think that stance has a leg to stand on when immigrants flooding our borders are not required to be vaccinated.

4 Likes

This is a dodge. Poorly executed, but a dodge all the same.

1 Like

The MCA is free as well. 85% reduction in hospitalization rate.

Which makes the cost not debilitating.

Do you want to withdraw any therapeutics that save lives? Just keep it to get vaccinated, end of story?

3 Likes

The constant search for alternatives among anti-vacxxers… which are all more costly, cumbersome and reactive versus a simple safe and effective vaccine says it all.

Meanwhile in Cali…

1 Like

I wholeheartedly disagree with his COVID posturing in a lot of areas. Trying to meddle in private business decisions about masks and vaxxes, for example. (Telling cruise lines they could not require customers to be vaxxed is one such example.) And yes, the funding for school teachers and administrators was over the line.

Even more, I was surprised to see that the state had such authority over local school boards. (That’s not actually on DeSantis, of course.) Just as I abhor federal control of issues that should be at the state level, I was disappointed to see that Florida had such sway over local school district salaries. It’s a good example of government over-reach. That should totally be a school district decision. (But I digress.)

DeSantis is exercising political theatrics. It’s a counter-measure to the political theatrics of mandates. It creates division within division. It shows him to be a political creature at some level, rather than a political leader on that issue.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. It’s a fact. An inconvenient fact, but a fact nonetheless.

2 Likes

He really ought to tread carefully here. Treating teachers like second class citizens is a large part of why Bevin is no longer governor of KY.

A fact can still be a deflection.

Answering “why do right wing governors prevent local governments from enacting their own covid measures” with “THE BORDER” is a deflection when the governors do it and when people try to run cover for them.

1 Like