What do leftists have against rural people?

Here, too. More & more B/H and We Believe signs are going up.

The county seat, Worcester, is very urban & actually the sixth most conservative city in Massachusetts:

1 Like

This is what I think infuriates them the most.

1 Like

Mortality rates from what? Iā€™ll see can I find COVID 19 rates in my county of residence.

Hereā€™s Bostonā€™s. And not one of these is a rural community:

Hereā€™s Central Mass:

My little rural community has under 100 cases at this time, by comparison to 5,000+ in the county seat.

Iā€™m not sure why thereā€™s so much emphasis on access to doctors & hospitals as far as health care. Itā€™s funny: some of those going on and on about free health care are young, & reasonably healthy, very rarely see a doctor.

I donā€™t trust any Massachusetts hospitals at all, having had bad experiences with everything from emergency to obstetric care. They all suck.

And if someone, rural or urban, lives recklessly at home, exactly what good is living even 5 minutes from a hospital going to do? Smoking is one behavior that may jeopardize the health of those in rural communities.

I donā€™t like that stuff, but itā€™s not my business.

1 Like

That would be interesting. Voter participation would be much higher since states like California or New York wouldnā€™t just be assumed to go Democrat.

Then dissolve the country that is based on the Constitution and ask the states and the people of the individual states if they want to form a new government based on power proportionate to the population. States joined together under the conditions stated in the Constitution. Those remain valid until the Constitution is amended or dissolved.
And to get it amended you are going to need the consent of the people in those states that benefited from the original agreement. Why would they change the terms now?

6 Likes

Exactly.

A Republicans vote for Trump in CA would actually count equal against a Republican vote in Alabama.

1 Like

Born and raised rural, and Iā€™m anti-war (I believe in ā€œJustā€ wars however), pro-gun, pro-pot, pro-equal rights for all but not equal outcomes for all.
Yeah, Maoists were opposite. Maybe itā€™s just the Western Civilization communists that are anti-rural. Do you disapprove of Maoists? I just assumed all on the left hold Mao in high regard.

2 Likes

The farther one has to travel to medical care, the worse their medical outcomes.

Rural Hospitals have been closing more and more over the past ten years.

I think that we should reverse that trend.

All of the stuff that you wrote has nothing to do with what I am saying.

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing similar here. I donā€™t put much stock in yard signs, but several of my neighbors have Biden signs up and I donā€™t remember seeing any Hillary signs in 2016. Trump signs are still the majority, but the margin has definitely narrowed.

1 Like

Repeal the Apportionment Act of 1929. One thousand Representatives in Washington will more accurately represent the urban cities.

2 Likes

I disapprove of Mao. Some of them are good people, such as the Naxalites fighting corrupt Indian landlords and police in the poorest districts of India. Mao himself was an ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  brilliant commander, but so was Ghengis.
*Edit: other maoist groups are murderous and disgusting, like the Peruvian Shining Path.

He wasnā€™t a ā€œbrilliant commanderā€ by any stretch of the imagination.

What were you saying, then?

If someone is living recklessly at home, what good is being near a hospital going to do?

There are many on this board wanting single payer. What those individuals fail to disclose is that in some of these countries, residents eat more healthy than we in the U S; they may not drive as much, if at all, walking and using mass transit systems; and when ill, the doctor often isnā€™t the first consulted, but the pharmacist.

Really. If someone is a middle body overweight smoker in a rural area & is doing nothing at all compatible with improving their health, how is having our little rural hospitalsā€”really with much of what used to take hospitalization being one day surgery and outpatient now, are hospitals in sparsely populated rural areas even worth building?ā€”going to help?

Thereā€™s way too much emphasis on access to doctors and hospitals for health outcomes and very little on how one behaves at homeā€”where good or poor health start.

Sure, whatever you say.

I agree with the concept. But not from Washington, from their districts. They can do it remotely.

Have two meetings a year in one of the covered sports stadiums.

They have to live in their districts.

Repeal the 17th.

Go back to the basics.

Itā€™s not what I say, itā€™s history.

Not really.

Yes really. Militarily he was Joe ā– ā– ā– ā–  the Rag Man.

1 Like

I am saying that the further one has to travel for medical care, the worse the outcomes tend to be.

Rural hospitals are on a trend where they are closing so more and more people need to travel further and further to attain care.

I think that we should work to reverse that trend.

Itā€™s that simple.

1 Like