What demonstrable evidence is there that Democrat policies are better for the middle class?

Every election cycle all the big government liberal politicians tout more new government programs that they ensure will bring prosperity to and economic equitability for all Americans. Now if you are skeptical of such claims like myself you probably would like to see evidence of this. Maybe look at some liberal states along with area’s in which there has been decades of liberal policies and leadership. California is considered one of the most liberal states in the US and the wealthiest as well (via GDP). Surely CA then must be a shining example of this prosperity, right?­­­­­­­­­­ Well not exactly:

“The Census Bureau reported that California still has the highest level of functional poverty of any state, averaging 18.2% of its 40 million residents impoverished during the three preceding years.”

Nearly one in five (17.6%) Californians were not in poverty but lived fairly close to the poverty line (up to one and a half times above it). All told, more than a third (35.2%) of state residents were poor or near poor in 2018.”

Over 35% of the state is in or near poverty? Doesn’t sound like utopia to me. But wait there’s more:

“Our new report on the state of California’s middle class shows a lurch toward a society in which power and money are increasingly concentrated and where upward mobility is constrained, amid shocking levels of poverty. Most of this data doesn’t even account for the recent effect of the coronavirus outbreak, which has pushed the state’s unemployment rate to 15.5%, higher than the nationwide rate of 14.7%.”

“Even before the pandemic, California topped the nation in the widest gap between middle and upper-middle income earners and has become progressively more unequal in recent years. But its greatest shame is the prevalence of poverty amid enormous affluence. California’s poverty rate, adjusted for cost of living, is the highest of any state and was higher in 2019 than in 2007.”

How about the public schools in their diverse communities? Largely due to their open borders policies public schooling in LA has been and still a mess:

Ironically during these decades of failures liberal politicians have become immensely wealthy. Go look at the net worth of the Clinton’s, the Pelosi’s, the Obama’s, the Biden’s, etc., etc. I have come to conclude that the true meaning of progressivism is where the liberal politicians and connected liberal elites are the privileged ones who become progressively more wealthy.

3 Likes

One of the things that Hannity (and others) often brings up is the state of the inner cites across America, which are overwhelmingly run by Democrats and in many cases for 50 + years:

“Using U.S. cities with a population over 100,000 and the most recent FBI statistics on violent crime, USA Today formulated a list of the top ten most dangerous cities in America. Of these ten, eight are currently run by Democratic mayors and city councils, and two are controlled by Independents. Of the past ten mayors of each of the three most violent cities in America Birmingham , Detroit, and St. Louis eight have been Democrats. All told, the three most violent cities in this country have been under nearly uninterrupted Democratic control for more than half a century. With violent crime rates exceeding 1,400 incidents per 100,000 citizens in each of these cities…. Admittedly, it is difficult to identify a significant correlation using only one criteria. However, an analysis of poverty and unemployment indicates a similarly distressing pattern.”

“Referencing data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau, CBS News composed a list of the top ten most impoverished cities in the United States. The ubiquity of Democratic governance is heightened in this context, as nine out of the ten poorest cities are run by Democrats…… Of the ten major U.S. cities with the highest levels of unemployment, nine are run by Democrats. The Bureau of Labor Statistics identifies Detroit, Fresno, and Las Vegas as the cities with the most unemployment, listing Detroit as number one with an unemployment rate of 24.8 percent.”

https://pensivepost.com/the-unfortunate-truth-of-democratic-urban-governance-bce7c8abc2a3

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/how-decades-of-democratic-rule-ruined-some-of-our-finest-cities/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baltimore-breaks-city-record-killings-per-capita-2017-160045125.html

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/19-of-the-20-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-are-run-by-the-same-party-guess-which-one/

Perfect example of K theory is Obama so-called recovery.

The gap between the rich and poor grew the widest under Obama.

2 Likes

So, unless we’re all equally wealthy, the system is garbage? That’s an odd thing to come out of a “conservative” mouth.

What demonstrable evidence is there that Democrat policies are better for the middle class?

Absolutely none.

3 Likes

Harris/Biden’s platform is designed to crush economic growth and the middle class.

1 Like

Where did I say that? The OP presents a very simple question.

And their platform want to end oil and gas.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Well if you want numbers, at the end of the Obama administration more Americans had health care than ever before. Trump likes this number so I’ll use it, the stock market was the highest it’d ever been. Median household income was at the highest level ever. Unemployment had dropped below 5%. GDP was highest ever. Number of employed highest ever. Crime near historic lows.

So there’s absolutely no evidence Sneaky?

1 Like

The same Obama admin with the demo carts that were pushing polices and agendas that would hurt middle class families along with the Paris accord,carbon taxes.

The Unemployment rate under Obama was 5% below? well if you actually you believe that nonsense number which has being brought up by the admin and media how great and heroic Obama is and was right? racism ended with Obama right?

I am sure if you are a millionaire or someone that was working more then 500k the Obama admin era was good.

Lets all gonorrhea the negative stories that happened under the Obama admin while we are it and say how great and heroic Obama saved the Euporean Economy! with his holy powers! :joy:

" Crime near historic lows"
Yeah problary because most of local crimes dont get reported by the mainstream news media for agenda reasons i am sure crime was super low in Chicago to right?

Unemployment had dropped below 5%.

Because many of them had stopped looking for work.

If you won’t except Bureau of Labor Statistics data then there’s really not much point to this thread. In January 2017 it was 4.7%.

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

1 Like

People who stopped looking for a job dont get counted most of the time.

There is none.

None. Not one piece.

1 Like

So none of what I said would be evidence?

Are you going to be defending Obama on everything? Obama was bad for the economy when knowing he was going for to support the Paris Accord, if Biden wins he will pass taxes for the climate nonsense. Obama failed on the middle east.

The Libyan intervention caused more chaos to the region but hey Obama’s record is being protected by the media on that. Biden and Obama allowed ISIS to grow in Syria to force out Assad but Assad asked the Russians to come that backfired.

I responded to the OP which asked for evidence that Democrat policies are better for the middle class. So I gave some information based on the most recent Democratic administration. Makes sense to me.

Of democrat policies? Absolutely not. Libism is death to the US economy and only serves to create dependence on the central government.

3 Likes

Can you provide evidence that this “libism”(whatever that is) is death to the US economy? I assume the Obama administration would be “libism” in your eyes and yet the economy was significantly improved from when he took over compared to when he left.