What are your favorites?

I wasn’t sure if I should put this in Safe Haven or here or Trivial Pursuit? Or maybe it would be ok in all 3?
Any who, I was just wondering what are some of your favorite movies, and t.v. shows of all time?
Some of mine are Casablanca, Old Black and White Movies, The Prestige, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Tombstone, Gran Torino, Singing In The Rain, It’s A Wonderful Life, and John Wayne movies.

Television show- American Pickers, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Cubs baseball, The Lawrence Welk Show, Antiques Roadshow.

Movies: Star Wars (the original), Serenity (Firefly movie).

TV: The exact order depends on what I’ve binged most recently but those competing for my top favs would be as follows: Farscape, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Alias, and Supernatural.

Music Groups: In no particular order: Nightwish, Angels and Airwaves, Radiohead, Slowdive, Duran Duran, Within Temptation, and Paramore. Best concert I’ve ever been to though is hands down Twenty One Pilots. I took my daughter to see them and came away a fan. Regardless of what you think of their music they put on one hell of an entertaining show.

Authors: Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time), Brandon Sanderson (Fantasy author), Dan Simmons (writes in all genres but is most famous in sci fi and horror), and of course Tolkien.

Movies I like both the dark & a good comedy. “The Fugitive” with Harrison Ford. Mom grew up on the opposite side of Cleveland as Dr. Sam “Trial by the Press” shepherd, upon whose murder charge the movie is based.

“The Mask”, with Jim Carrey. “Mrs. Doubtfire” RIP Robin Williams as well as many in the cast of that film. “Liar Liar” again with Jim Carrey.

“Dracula” with Frank Langella, & “The Changeling” with George C. Scott & Trish Van Devere.

Books I keep track of a number of authors. “P.S. Your Cat is Dead” is one of the greatest all time comedies.

If Dan Simmons is who I’m thinking he is, he wrote “Children of the Night”, a chronicle of the Dracula Legend, from Vlad Tepes to the modern economic bleeding of the country by Dictator Ceaucescu & his family. That was a great book!

Yep. Thats one of his books though one of his less known.

He’s probably best known for Hyperion which won the Hugo as best sci fi novel of 1989. It had three sequels called Fall of Hyperion, Endymion, and Rise of Endymion. Its hard to summarize beyond its a futuristic sci fi take on The Canterbury Tales and set about a 1000 years in the future after humanity has spread to the stars and interstellar war is looming. During this time a group of travelers goes to the planet Hyperion where a mysterious entity that defies the known laws of physics in regards to time resides. Each traveler tells their tale of whey they are going and through their stories you get the background history of mankind and the war.

He also won some horror awards for Carrion Comfort and Song of Kali. Carrion Comfort is really good as its about people with mind control powers, most of whom are fairly evil, and some normal people’s attempts to stop them.

He’s not nearly as well known as he could be simply because he jumps genres so often. Lately he’s been on an alternative history kick where he writes about famous authors or events in history and puts a slight supernatural twist on them. One of his books, The Terror, was recently adapted by AMC into a TV series and is about a ship in the 1800’s trapped in arctic ice as something supernatural stalks them. Its loosely based on real life events from that time as there really was a ship called The Terror that got trapped for nearly two years in arctic ice.

Been watching glow and it is funny.

Not sure how much longer orange is the new black can last.

Favorite authors: Jane Austen, Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes stories
Favorite movies: As Good as It Gets, Rear Window, Stage Fright, To Kill a Mockingbird, Crossing Delancy, Miller’s Crossing, just about anything with Denzel Washington.
Favorite TV shows - Not much lately. Enjoyed the series TURN: Washington’s Spies. Gotham. DH likes Forged in Fire. We both like Greg Gutfeld’s show.