What Are You Listening To?

OMG, this is so wonderful. I’ve always loved Aretha’s work, especially in the '60s, but this performance, from 2015 at the Kennedy Center honors is tremendous. She was there to pay tribute to Carole King, who is in the audience and marvels at the magic Aretha performs. Also watching is President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. Better yet, this is epic.

1 Like

Very stirring a cappella performance with “We Shall Not Be Moved” and “Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around” by Joan Baez in San Francisco in 2017. Have had the pleasure of seeing her on several occasions. Love her music.

Joan Baez singing “We Shall Overcome” at the White House in 2010 with an audience that includes President and Mrs. Obama.

Peter Paul and Mary - “This Land Is Your Land.”

I wasn’t going to put up another song (honest!), but YouTube did this one on autoplay. It’s such a sweet version and brought so many wonderful memories I had to do it. Enjoy.

1 Like

It reminds me of early Alice Cooper solo albums. I’ve been listening to it a lot. Its not my favorite Ghist record, but it’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

No, I wasn’t around when this was released, but for some reason I love it. Maybe it has something to do with the guy in my avi.

1 Like

Sugar for the Pill by Slowdive. They were a 90’s Shoegaze band that I somehow lived through the 90’s without hearing of. They then disappeared for 25 years and did an amazing comeback album last year. Anytime I just want to relax and chill out I listen to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwAPBxc0lU

Playing the Woodstock DVD …

Love me some Guy Clark. So glad I got to see him a few times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Soviet Orthodox Christian singing a Russian version of a song written by Pete Seeger, an American Communist.