What are the outcomes of black children born to married parents?

just ask the menendez brothers…

1 Like

Did you look at the statistics, nothing is 100 percent.

So IYO what I said does not describe the majority or you’re just one of those that takes the exclusion and attempts to placate that to the whole? Don’t bother, it was a rhetorical question.

And what is her point? Is she agreeing with me, because that would be a first?

Her point was to ignore the statistical data you provided and crawl into the gutter of projecting racism…where there isn’t any. That is a “ball and chain” on the ankle of addressing this real problem.

No surprise this got very little traction.

Same.

The benefits of a stable married family are blind to race.

Libs don’t.

Except to denigrate it.

Absolutely true. It’s not a function of the race. It’s a function of marriage.

The question in this thread is focused on black children because the absence of fathers in the home is ultra-disproportionately concentrated in black families. It’s the elephant in the room regarding the whole black question that is deliberately being ignored.

The data show the STATISTICAL correlation. There are always exceptions. We all know that.

The conz are free to discuss this. Go right ahead.

Unfortunately though Latino children are catching up.

It was discussed. Links provided.

I’ll repeat this:

You can continue to ignore it. Highlighting the thundering silence from a noteworthy segment of society on this question is calling out people like you and the rest of the lib cohort on this board.

All demographics are catching up. The systematic cultural erosion of marriage is working.

Led by Catholics and evangelicals because if they didn’t erode away the sanctity of marriage the pews would be empty.

You have some evidence for this claim?

It’s very concerning, and you are absolutely correct there has been a dramatic spike in this trend since the 1960’s for all races. Today nearly 50% of all children born in the US are born at or near poverty. In other words there has been a dramatic shift in who is having children.

Does anyone have any links of these statistics? Or am I supposed to just accept word of mouth?

Some fathers are absent due to incarceration, or deportation. Others are not married to the mothers, but are actively in their lives.

Being born outside wedlock, or even parents being divorced, does not mean dad is out of the picture altogether.

Does anyone have any links to show dad not only never married mom, but abandoned all these kids? I’ll never understand not marrying—it is the ideal for the sexual relationship—but am not losing any zs :zzz: if these guys are actively parenting.

I think that society in general is missing fathers. All families. Divorce has really wreaked havoc on our society.

Those children still have to “deal” with possibly being in horrible and dysfunctional families, just like any white kid.

They don’t even know that our American “society” worked really hard to remove the fathers from the homes…

AND…they ALSO have to deal with living in a society where they are “targeted” and made to feel like 2nd class citizens.